Patrick Chan Article Post Japan Open | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan Article Post Japan Open

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh I understand, but I read something like this. Don't remember exactly.

He has talked about trying other sports more seriously after his retirement form competitive fs. But he seems to be more and more motivated to make a mark in figure skating and to help with the next generation of Canadian and other skaters. There is actually a deepening of commitment to the sport that is beyond winning competitions.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
He has talked about trying other sports more seriously after his retirement form competitive fs. But he seems to be more and more motivated to make a mark in figure skating and to help with the next generation of Canadian and other skaters. There is actually a deepening of commitment to the sport that is beyond winning competitions.

Thank you!:)

noskates

Record Breaker
To quote from the article:

It's early in the season but my turning point of my season was Japan Open," Chan said. "I kind of woke up and came back and really wanted to work hard, was really motivated to do my programs and run my sections and get the jumps more consistent and just give myself more confidence."

Seriously folks, does this sound like a man who isn't motivated? Or isn't interested in fs anymore? I can't see how anyone could have interpreted Patrick's words in any other way but that he's motivated - unless y'all have a hidden agenda!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no hidden agenda, I think it just makes people think when someone says they're shocked people came to compete at a *get this* competition. ;)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
You don't hear Takahashi or Plushenko or Lysacek complain about being unmotivated. It's just odd.
So he thought it's the Japan open everyone won't be totally ready and then saw plushenko and Takahashi and was like they are so ready and got nervous.
I agree with you that there are too many excuses in the article. Also, too many names got mentioned. Plu didn't skate perfect as well, not even near as good as many expected. But I didn't hear him or Mishin were mentioning any names besides theirs. They said they just collected all jumps under one rough and were not fully ready to present such a prog to the public. They took all reponsibilities on their shoulders and that is all. Here in the article we hear names of Dai and Plu who dared to be fully ready and by this they confused Chan, then we hear names of Krall and Lori who left him in this world, then Wilson who didn't create the prog in which Patrick feels comfortable, and blah-blah. I should consider myself lucky that the Saitama audience, myself including, were not mentioned as one of "guilty" parties. :laugh:
Or maybe it's just a sign that he doesn't take the JO as seriously as the GP events?
Well, actually it makes him look even worse. TV Tokyo paid generously even for the last place. Why to come to the event that he doesn't take seriously, makes it quite clear, if you are right. :biggrin: