Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Angela Wang

Rinkside

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    She has choreo unlike Gracie, 3Lz+3T (and 3Lz+3T+2T) unlike Ashley.
    Hope she will be great skater.
    Lol I couldn't agree more about choreography. Gracie's sp had at least 2 completely class-less moves and Kanako displayed just how one doors Spanish choreography with class. I like Angela too. I think she may fight for that second spot. I predict the second will go to Gao however. Hoping one goes to Mirai....

Custom Title
    I like her as well. Her jumps look solid and very efficient (no mule kicks, URs, etc). I think she will have to really have a special moment to medal at Nationals because there's so many well-known skaters ahead of her. I don't know if she has enough of a "wow" factor to stand out from the pack. Fortunately for Angela, the second Worlds spot is anything but solidified and she's got as good a shot as anyone to grab it.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I like her as well. Her jumps look solid and very efficient (no mule kicks, URs, etc). I think she will have to really have a special moment to medal at Nationals because there's so many well-known skaters ahead of her. I don't know if she has enough of a "wow" factor to stand out from the pack. Fortunately for Angela, the second Worlds spot is anything but solidified and she's got as good a shot as anyone to grab it.
    I don't know if she has as good of a shot as Gracie or Mirai (who I expect will be fighting hard for that spot, since it's not entirely clear why she was denied a second GP assignment when Gao and Flatt each got two). Ashley has at least an 80% chance of getting the first. Remember that Wang is still mostly untested, and when the other ladies skate clean programs, they are amazing.
    Last edited by ForeverFish; 10-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I don't know if she has as good of a shot as Gracie or Mirai (who I expect will be fighting hard for that spot, since it's not entirely clear why she was denied a second GP assignment when Gao and Flatt each got two). Ashley has at least an 80% chance of getting the first. Remember that Wang is still mostly untested, and when the other ladies skate clean programs, they are amazing.
    I agree. I just meant that any of the girls except Ashley are fully capable of bombing.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I agree. I just meant that any of the girls except Ashley are fully capable of bombing.
    True, unfortunately. We still don't know how well Ashley will perform when she's asked to defend her Nats title...won't be an easy feat, for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2