Takahashi's new LP | Golden Skate

Takahashi's new LP

daphna

On the Ice
I saw his new program from Japan Open and thought it was wonderful, dramatic, and well choreographed.
BUT... this is NOT as majestic and magnetic as Blues for Klook. For me, his BfK is his signature piece, one of the best ever LPs from any men. I just don't think Dai himself will ever be able to match its geniousy. it's a once in a generation masterpiece, IMO. I hope he brings it back for the olympics next year. anyone here agrees with me?
BTW, i think he might be able to create a program that could be close to this good with "Clubbed to death" from Matrix. just a hunch.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think his "La strada" and Tango programs were better than BFK, but it was an amazing program, too! Well, all of his programs seem incredibly wonderful to me! :laugh: I don't like this year's one especially, I think it's a step backwards (exactly like working with Morozov again!), I hope his Olympic FS will be better... And his SP, too, is not THAT kind of special we have been used to in the past two seasons... And, thinking that Morozov will be his choreographer next year makes me just :bang:.

russell30

Final Flight
I don't know why Takahashi doesn't do his own programs he has the talent enough, yes he puts in his own input but he has the creativity like Lambiel and Buttle.

I hope for the Olympic Season he goes back to Camerlengo, I suppose Pasquale was very busy this year, he had a lot of programs to choreograph plus his coaching too.

Russell30, my first reaction to your post: How can anyone be too busy to choreograph for Daisuke? :)

If I were one of the best choreographers in the world, I'd pay Daisuke for the privilege of making a program for him...so maybe I'm not the person to talk about this....

daphna

On the Ice
I hope Daisuke brings 2 sensational programs for Sochi, and wins gold. for me he is by far and away the best skater in the world.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have been a fan of his since I saw him win 2005 Skate America. To me, he has gotten better every year. I loved Blues for Klook (originally I wasn't a fan of the music), but my favorite program is La Strada.

evangeline

Record Breaker
First, I hope Daisuke burns that horrible costume.

Then I hope Daisuke will ask Pasquale Camerlengo to choreograph a new program for him.

But as long as the judges give him PCS like did they at JO, I know neither of the above will occur :(

(ok I suppose the former is always possible)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I saw his new program from Japan Open and thought it was wonderful, dramatic, and well choreographed.
BUT... this is NOT as majestic and magnetic as Blues for Klook. For me, his BfK is his signature piece, one of the best ever LPs from any men. I just don't think Dai himself will ever be able to match its geniousy. it's a once in a generation masterpiece, IMO. I hope he brings it back for the olympics next year. anyone here agrees with me?
BTW, i think he might be able to create a program that could be close to this good with "Clubbed to death" from Matrix. just a hunch.

I agree that his last year's LP could be his signature skating style. I thought his new LP was quite good except the long long jumping pathes he used before the big jumps. It was a departure from his usual self. Obviously he wanted to do something different and challenging. I like it. And it works for him too. Though I agree that the costume was bad.