Congratulations to Matt Savoie- Newly Married | Golden Skate

Congratulations to Matt Savoie- Newly Married

THE most under-appreciated U.S. men's skater of his time. Also the most in tune with his music. I wonder how much GOE his triple Axel from a hydroblade entrance would get in the CoP. I was so glad he was chosen for the Olympic team in 2006.

Here he is at 2006 U.S. Nationals. :love: (Fall? What fall?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRqY2Q2WUl8

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
Matt was such a joy to watch! His programs were so intricate and interesting, but also beautiful. I, too, was thrilled that he made the Olympic team. I know people get snarky or bored with overused music, but I love the Mission and his version was just stunning. And, I miss his skating.

But...Congrats to the happy couple!!!!! The IN article and photo were both lovely - I even got teary eyed imagining the 'first dance' with moms, and then the couples dancing with the grandparents being the last on the floor. It just sounded beautiful and moving. Wishing them both many many decades of happiness!!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Always loved Matt's skating. Congrats to the happy couple!!!

A lovely article. I always respected Matt's skating and his commitment to education. May they have long, happy lives together. They'll be great contributors to the Boston community.