2012 Skate America Pairs SP | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Pairs SP

A.H.Black

Final Flight
The ISU results site is up with Donlan/Speroff going first. I'm no good at posting results and don't have a live feed so I'm hoping someone will pop in with comments and play-by-play.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Donlan/Speroff with a 40.54 and a fall. Not a very good start.

Then again, Skate America is very often an uneven competition - especially when it is at the beginning of the season.

icemusings

On the Ice
Donlan and Speroff looked like they had some nerves and bobbled on the side by side jumps as well as the throw and she fell during the step sequence.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
One more Aranjues. Yawn. Especially when it goes without any hispanic flavours. Did she put on weight? She looks kind of heavy.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Not super gorgeous throw jump. Slow. Very slow. Maybe the costumes are too heavy. Lol.

tulosai

Record Breaker
To me P/T have something very special. Great program other than the fall. Seemed sloooow to me too but not sure if that was partly due to the stream. EXQUISITE lift.

tulosai

Record Breaker
V/T don't need this vulgarity and cheap restaurant drunk sax music.

Yeah I was going to say I hate the music. The program oozes sex. Will appeal to some people, not to others.
Gorgeous twist (thought she'd touch the ceiling),and amazing lift. He bobbled the side by side jumps and the throw was iffy. They did seem faster than P/T so maybe that wasn't the stream. I didn't love this program.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Yeah, that version of love theme from the Godfather just reeks of tacky. I guess he's trying to portray a character with the moustache, but I'm not sure I'm feeling it. They looked disappointed at the end.

Dots

Final Flight
Very interesting scores for V/T... even with the fall P/T are not that far behind imo. Good. This should provide a good showdown!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Just saw D/C. They are never going to be one of my favorites but they are as consistent and as energetic as any team out there and I do see that they are improving. Good for them. An excellent skate.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Just saw D/C. They are never going to be one of my favorites but they are as consistent and as energetic as any team out there and I do see that they are improving. Good for them. An excellent skate.

I agree.
And hey, she actually doesn't look super tanned. Much better. Good for her.