Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Men's Short Program

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    O_____O

Hanyu's score?! Is that a new WR?
    I'm pretty certain that was a new WR, because Daisuke Takahashi was the previous WR holder, with 94 pts in the SP at World Team Trophy this year.
    Congratulations to Yuzuru Hanyu!!! Good Luck in the Free!!

Custom Title
    The score is really inflated and doesn't make much sense. If this is the way the season is going to trend ... uh boy!

Custom Title
    They are re-showing some of the ones we missed. Cool.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Holy cow @ Yuzuru Hanyu's 95+ SP score! Patrick Chan should be very worried.

Custom Title
    Yep, Hanyu's score is a new WR for a SP. The previous record holder was Daisuke Takahashi's 94.00 at the WTT last season.

Banned
    They are making it clear Baby Hanyu is the new crowned Prince of FS and well deserved

Custom Title
    Hanyu just broke a WORLD Record. His performance was amazing, I thought he would hit around 90....but holy 95. I am in complete shock.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    That score for Hanyu is a joke. No way should there be almost a twenty point spread between him and Jeremy.
    Yeah, that's the point. Ridiculous! Jeremy has way more maturity, dynamism and dance skills than Hanyu. Politics at work all the way. And Orser looks like the cat who licked the cream.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Hanyu just broke a WORLD Record. His performance was amazing, I thought he would hit around 90....but holy 95. I am in complete shock.
    Me too! From what I saw, he looked very sharp...I think his jumps were 4T, 3A, 3Lz-3T? I hope a video of his skate pops up on Youtube soon, because stupid ads kept popping up during his skate on my feed and I couldn't see a good part of the screen during that time.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    this kid is going places. wow.

Custom Title
    I don't know that 95 is excessive...

Well a bad night for all Americans. Man! Jeremy is so far behind. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Me too! From what I saw, he looked very sharp...I think his jumps were 4T, 3A, 3Lz-3T? I hope a video of his skate pops up on Youtube soon, because stupid ads kept popping up during his skate on my feed and I couldn't see a good part of the screen during that time.
    He was super sharp! He's capable of earning 95 with a clean skate..that's pretty impressive. I was so nervous watching his short program, but glad he did so well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    They are making it clear Baby Hanyu is the new crowned Prince of FS and well deserved
    You got the first part right. But let's keep our hats on folks. Its just the first GP of the season. Yessiree bob, I hate the politics and the scoring system. At least give a semblance of being balanced and fair. Problem is, Jeremy is the one who has to show that he can always land the jumps before they are going to even consider scoring him all of what he deserves re his amazing skills.

Hanyu's good, but please.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    All of Jeremy's technical errors added up contributing to the low TES: under-rotated and fall on 4T, a saved 3A that was not up to the quality that he is capable of (he received no +GOE on that element like he usually does), low spin levels (2 Level 3 spins & 1 Level 2 spin), and low step sequence level (only Level 2). He has to get more comfortable on his spins and footwork; other skaters like Hanyu are receiving Level 4s and 3s on those elements.

Custom Title
    The dangerous thing about overscoring a skater in the SP this bad (and it is bad!!!!) is that he can fall apart in the FS and still win. lol

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast