2012 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies SP

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Adelina, I'm a bit giving up on her, you can really still see nerves after her skate
does she have a psychologist ?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I missed everything up to Wagner's scores (how is she lower ranked than Adelina and Viktoria?) but I have a nice Russian stream to enjoy so it's not all bad. Thanks everyone for the recaps so far :)

Helgesson's dress looks so off the rack, and Alena's look is just tragic. Morozov has never heard of subtlety, has he?

Rachael is actually hard for me to watch now. Her struggles really are obviously physical not mental. She really kept her head after the first botched jump/combo. She's also gained weight which can't be helping her.
I feel bad for Rachael. She obviously loves skating and is committed to her academic studies, but the insistence on doing both is hurting her, at least on the ice. While I've argued more than once that one can do both, I suspect doing both while trying to have a full College Experience is not going to work out.

I think she may have been given the assignment because the USFSA has finally identified a skater of real potential in Ashley Wagner, and didn't want any other Americans (e.g. Mirai) getting in her way at SA.

I think Meite is one to watch for the future. If she can stay consistent I really think she can go far.
I do like Yretha Silete more, but Mae-Berenice is quite nice too.
With Silete out for the season, it'll be great if Meite can step it up. I really think France has a shot at an Olympic medal in the team event, if the ladies and their top pair (J/C) continue to improve.

skfan

Final Flight
with her new hair v. helgesson looks like a cute younger vers. of her mom! ^___^ the program and dress gave me 6.0 era feel. not sure how i feel about the construction of the program. loved her 2a especially.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lovely Adelina. I actually believed she looked less nervous than before. The mistake on the flip didn't affect her performance very much. She skated to the music, really sold the program very well. Ashley was lovely as well

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Helgesson's dress looks so off the rack, and Alena's look is just tragic. Morozov has never heard of subtlety, has he?
Actually, let me amend that. Everything about this program is just tragic. Kudos to her for selling it, but really, it's gross. Morozov has a lot to answer for.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alena LEONOVA (RUS)

Music: Slumdog Millionaire (soundtrack)
Indian Hip Hop

Blue dress w/ faux yellow shawl across her body. Lots of details including "fake" body paint.

3T+1T - shaky landing on 3T
2F
FCSp
2A
LSp - shaky on Biellman, loss of level?
StSq
CCoSp

Too many mistakes makes the program fall flat.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Poor Leonova. A really really poor effort for her. She really did try to sell it though so much admiration for that. It will be very interesting where they place her.

skfan

Final Flight
Actually, let me amend that. Everything about this program is just tragic. Kudos to her for selling it, but really, it's gross. Morozov has a lot to answer for.

his list of crimes... starting with dai's costumes that hide his beautiful hands... *grrrrr*

who's the russian #1 here, leonova or adelina? adelina really has that big impact, and i remember being floored by pointed toes on jump landings a while ago.

wow, leonova actually received 46.72. i guess that answers my question.

for me the programs of the day are wagner's and mae bernice meite's.

ETA--i've liked leonova's charm since way back, and i hate it when anybody looks miserable in the K&C. i think there should be a mercy rule that sometimes only the coach has to sit there, and the skater can just duck out entirely...

ETA they are showing adelina again :)

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Leonova needs a mountain to climb in FS for a podium finish
though I always feel sorry when someone is crying even for Leonova , poor her she can still make up at CoR ?

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
Not a good skate for Alena. Hopefully she will do better Sunday. Poor thing - she is crying in the K&C. Then again, she is sitting next to Icky Nicky. I, too, would cry....

Art&Sport

Medalist
Linked up too late to see Ashley's program -- she was just bowing. Look forward to catching it later. Adelina is an interesting skater. Yes, she needs to mature a bit more and conquer her nerves. Agree that the music wasn't working for Helgesson.

I think Alena could be great with the right choreo, music and approach to her skating. She did well with terrible choreo and concepts from Morosov last season -- it was a come down from her breakthrough in 2011. I don't like this sp music or costume for her. She needs to go back to the drawing board. I didn't think she deserved silver at Worlds in Nice, but I thought she deserved bronze in Moscow at 2011 Worlds. I understand the crying -- maybe she's wondering how many more chances she has left. Just cherish the silver and really think about what direction you want to go in. Try innovating something with something edgy different and fun (like 2011) that suits who you are instead of going in the bad directions others pointed you in this season and last.

Last edited: