2012 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies SP

tulosai

Record Breaker
Hecken is nothing special to me. Solid skater, vaguely pleasing, but she doesn't have the sort of presence that makes me want to watch her yet. It will be interesting to see her develop.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Hecken has improved a lot in the artistic part, but the program is too easy, I think it will be between Rachael and christina... Marchei next!

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
Am I the only one who found Sarah's choreography to be a bit odd and disjointed? Maybe it's because some of the hand/arm movements at the beginning of her program reminded me of Kimmie Meissner....

skfan

Final Flight
Marchei has an ugly dress imo

i may have missed some of the dresses while trying to figure out how rachael and christina managed to get two such similar dresses :)

hecken's dress is... well... the announcer just said 'she was upright'...

ETA i like marchei's dress! ;p

tulosai

Record Breaker
All these scores seem really low to me. I will have to pour over the scoring sheets later.

I actually really like Marchei;s dress actually. I think it has some flare.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Valentina MARCHEI (ITA)

Music: Esperanza by Maxime Rodriguez

Black dress w/ open back. White fabric with black polka dots ruffles, plus red fringes on sleeves and dress hem. Red rose in hair

3Lz-treeturn-2T
3S
LSp
2A - fan spiral entry
StSq
FSSp
CCoSp

I like this program, its character suits Marchei

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was definitely my favorite performance so far. She should score under Gao, I think, but she really drew me in. Great lines, energy, and (it seemed like) speed.

skfan

Final Flight
is that terry gannon's voice? i liked that marchei program, and i usually get tired of tango flamenco spanish flavor rather quickly. the jumps have neat feet, and she didn't overdo the expression, i'm glad for that. but wow seems like a while since i've seen a gorgeous layback spin position... i am waiting for you, ashley wagner... :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA)

Music: Feeling Good by Michael Buble

Dark pink halter dress with silver detailing

3T+3T
3Lz - a bit forward landing
LSp
2A
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think Meite is one to watch for the future. If she can stay consistent I really think she can go far.

skfan

Final Flight
great for meite. really inhabits the music and choreography, her magnetism just blows through the computer screen! :) MK-ish flashback for me... first skater to make me clap along at home when she lands her jumps :)