Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Ladies SP

Adelina is GORGEOUS. Love the program. Just sublime in every way. Shame about the hesitation on the flip. Just beautiful.

Custom Title
    Adelina looks so nervous out there. I wish she could calm down a bit.
    Last edited by Dots; 10-20-2012 at 03:34 PM.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Sotnikova
    SP score: 58.93, and into 2nd

take off the oven mitts
    i adore adelina, but i feel she could do more with better choreography. when she's on, her charm makes up for it... wait, was she really better than c. gao? 0_o

Custom Title
    Adelina is so so so good. I really would love for her to win the OGM.

What a shame... That flip!! nice program and steps, though... 58 is quite good!

Custom Title
    I really love the height she gets on her jumps and the really, to me, beautiful leg positions...too bad about popping the flip. But nice program, i'll look forward to seeing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    I really love the height she gets on her jumps and the really, to me, beautiful leg positions...too bad about popping the flip. But nice program, i'll look forward to seeing it again.
    Adelina in terms of potential is my favorite of all the up and comers. I love her combination of big skating (big jumps, big speed etc) but then add in beautiful skating (positions) spins. Fab skater. She just needs to learn how to handle the pressure...

The other youngsters are nice but Gold may have big jumps (but no where near the spins/elegance)... Tukt/Julia nice jumps but no where near the bigness.

Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE)

Music: Poinciana

Turquoise dress, open back, fringed hem, silver detailing.

3T+3T - twofooted, UR?
    2Lo
    LSp
    2A
    FSSp
    StSq - nice attack
    CCoSp

Nothing special from helgesson, the jazz music doesn't suit her at all!

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Nothing special from helgesson, the jazz music doesn't suit her at all!
    This is how I feel about her as well. She doesn't grab me but a pleasant, solid skater.

Banned
    Adelina, I'm a bit giving up on her, you can really still see nerves after her skate
    does she have a psychologist ?

I missed everything up to Wagner's scores (how is she lower ranked than Adelina and Viktoria?) but I have a nice Russian stream to enjoy so it's not all bad. Thanks everyone for the recaps so far

Helgesson's dress looks so off the rack, and Alena's look is just tragic. Morozov has never heard of subtlety, has he?

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Rachael is actually hard for me to watch now. Her struggles really are obviously physical not mental. She really kept her head after the first botched jump/combo. She's also gained weight which can't be helping her.
    I feel bad for Rachael. She obviously loves skating and is committed to her academic studies, but the insistence on doing both is hurting her, at least on the ice. While I've argued more than once that one can do both, I suspect doing both while trying to have a full College Experience is not going to work out.

I think she may have been given the assignment because the USFSA has finally identified a skater of real potential in Ashley Wagner, and didn't want any other Americans (e.g. Mirai) getting in her way at SA.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I think Meite is one to watch for the future. If she can stay consistent I really think she can go far.
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I do like Yretha Silete more, but Mae-Berenice is quite nice too.
    With Silete out for the season, it'll be great if Meite can step it up. I really think France has a shot at an Olympic medal in the team event, if the ladies and their top pair (J/C) continue to improve.

Helgesson
    SP score: 50.29, into 6th

take off the oven mitts
    with her new hair v. helgesson looks like a cute younger vers. of her mom! ^___^ the program and dress gave me 6.0 era feel. not sure how i feel about the construction of the program. loved her 2a especially.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast