Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Lovely Adelina. I actually believed she looked less nervous than before. The mistake on the flip didn't affect her performance very much. She skated to the music, really sold the program very well. Ashley was lovely as well

Custom Title
    Alena popping all over the place...too early in the afternoon for some of these skaters?

Custom Title
    Alena needs to do something with the ponytail. It's distracting.

Custom Title
    not liking Alenas program or the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Helgesson's dress looks so off the rack, and Alena's look is just tragic. Morozov has never heard of subtlety, has he?
    Actually, let me amend that. Everything about this program is just tragic. Kudos to her for selling it, but really, it's gross. Morozov has a lot to answer for.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Alena LEONOVA (RUS)

Music: Slumdog Millionaire (soundtrack)
    Indian Hip Hop

Blue dress w/ faux yellow shawl across her body. Lots of details including "fake" body paint.

3T+1T - shaky landing on 3T
    2F
    FCSp
    2A
    LSp - shaky on Biellman, loss of level?
    StSq
    CCoSp

Too many mistakes makes the program fall flat.

Custom Title
    agree. I really liked her pirate last year. maybe should just go back to that

Poor Leonova. A really really poor effort for her. She really did try to sell it though so much admiration for that. It will be very interesting where they place her.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Leonova crying in Kiss n Cry

SP Score: 46.72, and into 9th

Custom Title
    ouch. poor ting

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Leonova crying in Kiss n Cry

SP Score: 46.72, and into 9th
    Ouch. Really wish she were not crying though. It is not the end of the world.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Actually, let me amend that. Everything about this program is just tragic. Kudos to her for selling it, but really, it's gross. Morozov has a lot to answer for.
    his list of crimes... starting with dai's costumes that hide his beautiful hands... *grrrrr*

who's the russian #1 here, leonova or adelina? adelina really has that big impact, and i remember being floored by pointed toes on jump landings a while ago.

wow, leonova actually received 46.72. i guess that answers my question.

for me the programs of the day are wagner's and mae bernice meite's.

ETA--i've liked leonova's charm since way back, and i hate it when anybody looks miserable in the K&C. i think there should be a mercy rule that sometimes only the coach has to sit there, and the skater can just duck out entirely...

ETA they are showing adelina again
    Last edited by skfan; 10-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Banned
    Leonova needs a mountain to climb in FS for a podium finish
    though I always feel sorry when someone is crying even for Leonova , poor her she can still make up at CoR ?

Custom Title
    Not a good skate for Alena. Hopefully she will do better Sunday. Poor thing - she is crying in the K&C. Then again, she is sitting next to Icky Nicky. I, too, would cry....

Custom Title
    Linked up too late to see Ashley's program -- she was just bowing. Look forward to catching it later. Adelina is an interesting skater. Yes, she needs to mature a bit more and conquer her nerves. Agree that the music wasn't working for Helgesson.

I think Alena could be great with the right choreo, music and approach to her skating. She did well with terrible choreo and concepts from Morosov last season -- it was a come down from her breakthrough in 2011. I don't like this sp music or costume for her. She needs to go back to the drawing board. I didn't think she deserved silver at Worlds in Nice, but I thought she deserved bronze in Moscow at 2011 Worlds. I understand the crying -- maybe she's wondering how many more chances she has left. Just cherish the silver and really think about what direction you want to go in. Try innovating something with something edgy different and fun (like 2011) that suits who you are instead of going in the bad directions others pointed you in this season and last.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 10-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast