Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Aww...don't like to hear that she was crying - I stopped watching toward the end; this program just didn't work for her today. She appears to have great athleticism and spunk, I wish she could package this differently - I just find it hard to like her skating and I want to. Also, were her boots dirty? It appeared that way on my stream and it was distracting. Poor thing - bring it in the LP!

Custom Title
    I was off about leonovA being better than third way off totally off now she is in a duel with flat for last!!!! No first or second for her! Cup of Russia 2010 all over again!!

Custom Title
    Yay Ashley! Despite the bad landing on the loop, still the leader of the night Loved the music, calm confidence, split falling leave out of the 2A (I remember her 2A could be iffy a while back, now it looks solid).
    Don't think she's really overscored, considering Adelina's score with a popped flip. (Though Adelina's triple-triple was impressive).

And wow I've never seen Alena so upset! Poor girl!!!

Custom Title
    Just can't get into alena but she will bounce back. She usually does for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    his list of crimes... starting with dai's costumes that hide his beautiful hands... *grrrrr*
    Starting with that? His crimes are legion and go back years. In fact, they should be the subject of a dedicated thread. I'd rank forcing Adam Rippon to straighten his curls up there, and basically everything Amodio has done with Morozov as his choreographer. Destroying the artistic merit of a skater that special is criminal indeed.

Banned
    I remembered Leonova complained, she was late in arrival, had her luggage misplaced
    and affedcted hours of practice , maybe its one of the reasons she was horrible today

Custom Title
    They are repeating Sotnikova's program, what about Ashley's?

Poor leonova... I usually don't like her, but seeing a top-skater that makes such terrible mistakes and cries in the kriss-and-cry is always a sad thing!
    So, Ashley in first, Adelina 2 and Gao 3! What a wonderful position for Christina after a shaky year! And, Marchei in 5!

poor alena. and rachael...wow. i actually enjoyed rachael's program, i thought the choreography was great and her interpretation was way better than in the past. she needs to get her triple triple and lutz back in. but a 43? way too low in my book. i didn't enjoy alena's program at all, there's just something about her skating i don't like, but gosh i feel bad for her. hopefully she pulls it together in the long. awesome skate from ashley! love her program and her sky high confidence. adelina was alright to me, i love her power, speed, and height she gets on her jumps but i've never been a fan of her programs in general. christina did amazing too, i'm so proud of her. she skated beautifully and hit that triple triple with ease! i hope the rest of her season will bring her as much success.

Custom Title
    Oh dear, poor Leonova. That was just not good. No wonder she's crying.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Starting with that? His crimes are legion and go back years. In fact, they should be the subject of a dedicated thread. I'd rank forcing Adam Rippon to straighten his curls up there, and basically everything Amodio has done with Morozov as his choreographer. Destroying the artistic merit of a skater that special is criminal indeed.
    of course. it was silly of me to even attempt to recite the man's crimes. right now i most resent him for dai and miki, but give me 5 minutes and i'll move on to some other atrocity...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Adelina is so so so good. I really would love for her to win the OGM.
    I agree. I guess I should root for a skater from the U.S. but I like who I like and I've always liked Adelina.
    I do wish that she different choreographers. I'm not in love with her programs these days.

Only two ladies attempted a triple Lutz, neither very successfully (Meite and Marchei).

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I agree. I guess I should root for a skater from the U.S. but I like who I like and I've always liked Adelina.
    we're not at war (well, not technically) with most of the countries these skaters represent. i like who i like. adelina is uber gorgeous

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    poor alena. and rachael...wow. i actually enjoyed rachael's program, i thought the choreography was great and her interpretation was way better than in the past. she needs to get her triple triple and lutz back in. but a 43? way too low in my book. i didn't enjoy alena's program at all, there's just something about her skating i don't like, but gosh i feel bad for her. hopefully she pulls it together in the long. awesome skate from ashley! love her program and her sky high confidence. adelina was alright to me, i love her power, speed, and height she gets on her jumps but i've never been a fan of her programs in general. christina did amazing too, i'm so proud of her. she skated beautifully and hit that triple triple with ease! i hope the rest of her season will bring her as much success.
    Last years Nationals with a great free skate was the perfect time for Rachel to retirement. The crowd was literally giving her a retirement/thanks for a great 5 years ovation. She reacted as if she was recognizing that, perfect time to go to school full time and maybe do some show skating on the side. Then she comes back!?!? She apparently didnt get the memo but the judges are going to try their hardest now to drill it into her this season, and unfortunately she may have to find herself being retired and shoved out the door by the seat of the pants the way Suguri eventually was if she isnt careful.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast