2012 Skate America Ice Dance SD | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ice Dance SD

Dots

Final Flight
Love that this seems like a well attended(for Skate America standards) event. :)

icemusings

On the Ice
Hopefully the music won't be too horrible! I've heard that Boborova/Soloviev have improved and that Davis and White stay true to the Giselle ballet.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Can/MacM a lovely young couple. Very good job for them. His pants didn't seem to have a good fit in the center.

tulosai

Record Breaker
C/M really have to work on their edges. Her in particular. I spotted her on a flat where there should have been an edge more than once and I am at best so-so at evaluating ice dance.

I do love their lift and their general style.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The arena was full of people during the ladies event, it's almost empty now :laugh:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Lovely effort from the Italians :) I truly enjoyed that (and it seems the crowd did too)...

kosjenka

On the Ice
Weaver&Poje have the most charming short dance.
She was a little slow on her first set of twizzles, but nothing serious.
This program will be perfect very soon.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't love Meryl's dress either but the program is exquisite. They really are developing as a team.

kosjenka

On the Ice
Davis&White - well that was impressive. They are so light on their feet, so fast (yes, I know they are know for it) and precise. It seems to me like it is high season and it is their first competition. Polka part was in the last part of the program. very very impressive!

Dots

Final Flight
Ok i got to say something not very pc, but in the stands there's this man that keeps eating popcorn but he rarely watches the skating lol

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I love the program from Davis and White. Love the difficulty. I don't mind the dress at all. I do think Meryl will probably be tweaking the hair throughout the year. The bun is great but the way it frames her face doesn't quite work for me.