Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Ice Dance SD

I don't love Meryl's dress either but the program is exquisite. They really are developing as a team.

Custom Title
    Davis&White - well that was impressive. They are so light on their feet, so fast (yes, I know they are know for it) and precise. It seems to me like it is high season and it is their first competition. Polka part was in the last part of the program. very very impressive!

Custom Title
    Ok i got to say something not very pc, but in the stands there's this man that keeps eating popcorn but he rarely watches the skating lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I don't love Meryl's dress either but the program is exquisite. They really are developing as a team.
    They are relating to each other much more.
    and 1 deduction. I think the lift was a little too long.

Custom Title
    I love the program from Davis and White. Love the difficulty. I don't mind the dress at all. I do think Meryl will probably be tweaking the hair throughout the year. The bun is great but the way it frames her face doesn't quite work for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I hate Meryls dress.
    Not Gisele AT ALL!
    Meryl's dress is a near replica of Katia's Gisele costume from her singles program from the mid 90s. Both Choreographed by Marina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADvfXJaxuFM

Custom Title
    Ok that was magical. D/W's skating seems fresher somehow.

Custom Title
    Who's the guy in the Kiss & Cry along with Meryl, Charlie, and Marina Zoueva?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I love the program from Davis and White. Love the difficulty. I don't mind the dress at all. I do think Meryl will probably be tweaking the hair throughout the year. The bun is great but the way it frames her face doesn't quite work for me.
    It does make her head look a little weird.
    The idea is right, but it needs fixing.

I am hoping for a better dress for her as well.

Custom Title
    So excited for Meryl and Charlie. They are always so much fun to watch. B/S showed much improvement as Tanith noted, and W/P relate so well together and tell a story. For me Meryl and Charlie took it up a notch. High of the night for the SD! Very fitting that they skated last.

ITA dots!

Well, I'm maybe the online one, but I didn't like Meryl and Charlie a lot: they seemed a bit slower than how they usually are, and the whole program didn't excite me a lot... But, their twizzles are always perfect and their footwork is just superbe! Good program, not a masterpiece for me. (I know that it's early to say this etc. )

Custom Title
    Thank goodness I got back in time to watch W/P and D/W (missed the rest :( ). I really enjoyed both teams and programs. Can't wait to hear from all the experts and those watching it live.

Custom Title
    Being with zhulin was definitely supposed to mean higher pcs for b/s and they are behind w/p there. Both pcs and Tes. So far a failure.

Custom Title
    I LOVE D\W sd!So exquisite

I thought that Bobrova and Soloviev were a bit undermarked compared to Weaver and Poje. I felt like Davis and White were very much overmarked. I thought that they shouldn't have broken 70, but then again, it's their home event. Excited for the FD though.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast