Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Ice Dance SD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Components also tend to build over the course of season as the program becomes grooved. Also, to assume that B/S's improvement and move to Zhulin would guarantee a leapfrog over W/P ignores the fact that the Canadians have made huge strides the last two years. Before that point the teams were roughly equal. W/P are not going to sit idly by and rest on their laurels. They have a real shot a podium finish at both Worlds and Olympics. B/S Have to not only catch them (along with the French, Shibs and Italians), but also pass them. That's no mean feat. Not saying it's impossible, just very difficult at this lat stage in the cycle. I's argue the Canadians made their move at the better time.
    Plus W&P are really the #3 team at this point. No way in hell P&B stay in front of them, now that they got their retirement medal at Worlds.

SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 71.39 Short Dance
    2. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 65.79
    3. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 62.91
    4. Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT & Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT (USA) - 53.89 Short Dance
    5. Nellie ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 52.30 Short Dance
    6. Lorenza ALESSANDRINI & Simone VATURI (ITA) - 50.36 Short Dance
    7. Anastasia CANNUSCIO & Colin MCMANUS (USA) - 47.98 Short Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    So where do you see a 'par' between D/W and W/P with respect to GOE?
    I believe the discussion was about W/P verses B/S. Where are you seeing the par comparison between D/W and W/P?
    Last edited by rvi5; 10-20-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Plus W&P are really the #3 team at this point. No way in hell P&B stay in front of them, now that they got their retirement medal at Worlds.
    You always have to sound like an Oracle and describe the future. Where the heck are you getting those crystal balls I would like to know, so I could finally get rich.
    Until proven on the ice, P/B are 3rd ranked. Period.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Sometimes fans see what they want to see.
    You're absolutely correct. In a discussion comparing the component scores of Bobrova/Soloviev and Weaver/Poje, you as a fan of Davis/White somehow managed to see an argument against the Americans. This is after, of course, you trollishly dismissed Macassar88 as being a fan of SCOTT MOIR (your insult for some reason is capitalizing one half of the Olympic Gold Medalists).

For the record, W/P had a half a point higher GOE than B/S. Macassar was wondering why there was a PCS gap.

Custom Title
    Yes it is true fans see what they want to see. I guess I see Davis and White being overmarked far too generously. In life, not every program is a clear cut winner. Sorry, I like D and W and know they probably will Oly and World gold but I just don't see how in the world or universe the judges can give them marks so far much ahead of the Candians and Russians. I expect if we are to be fair then V and M should be marked similarly in Canada. I just don't see why D and W should be marked that much better than Wever and Poje or even B and S. It is almost an insult. I hope the freeskate will be better judged. To think D and W even had a one point penalty - how in the world did the gap get bigger rather than get smaller? I think both B and S and W and P have made far greater strides than V and M or D and W yet the marks don't show it. D and W have this in the bag - wrapped up with a pretty bow and a bonus treat too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Yes it is true fans see what they want to see. I guess I see Davis and White being overmarked far too generously. In life, not every program is a clear cut winner. Sorry, I like D and W and know they probably will Oly and World gold but I just don't see how in the world or universe the judges can give them marks so far much ahead of the Candians and Russians. I expect if we are to be fair then V and M should be marked similarly in Canada. I just don't see why D and W should be marked that much better than Wever and Poje or even B and S. It is almost an insult. I hope the freeskate will be better judged. To think D and W even had a one point penalty - how in the world did the gap get bigger rather than get smaller? I think both B and S and W and P have made far greater strides than V and M or D and W yet the marks don't show it. D and W have this in the bag - wrapped up with a pretty bow and a bonus treat too lol.
    I pretty agree...

Custom Title
    If you watch icenetwork, you would be more upset when you hear what Belbin said about her bf, how great he was, White is far more superior than anybody, how hard he worked on his toes, etc. She also criticized other teams, particularly W/P,not so much on the Russians, since she knew that W/P are so close to beat her bf one day. She should not be allowed to do her bias analysis, very unprofessional.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    If you watch icenetwork, you would be more upset when you hear what Belbin said about her bf, how great he was, White is far more superior than anybody, how hard he worked on his toes, etc. She also criticized other teams, particularly W/P,not so much on the Russians, since she knew that W/P are so close to beat her bf one day. She should not be allowed to do her bias analysis, very unprofessional.
    Very true. I was cringing during her gushing.

Banned
    but isn't most ice dancing pretty much is predictable results anyways ?
    thats why sometimes I don't watch as it gets boring.

Its safe to say D/W and V/M are locks for gold in their respective GP events
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 10-21-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Very true. I was cringing during her gushing.
    She gave her comment based on the "World Rank" as well. She said the first group was so bad when compare with better teams on the second group, better in technical and presentation, etc. When in reality, the Germans (the second group) did not do as well particularly on TES. She went on again and again how hard her bf worked on the "ballet" on ice, not talking much about Meryl. She could do that in their bedroom, not during broadcasting. She has to understand the professionalism of broadcasting. Icenetwork should fire her.

Rinkside
    For several years, I like the most emotionally W / P. Their chemistry is great. Variety admirable. They are convincing and natural.
    But I have to admit that in terms of technical difficulty - many different small details and elements - D / W are really a bit ahead. This year they put on thin ice. Their version of Giselle ballet on ice not all reach. Actually, sometimes it looks weird. Yet in this piece of originality and a large amount of work. And many - many small steps that could be omitted and they would do everything they have to.

2. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 65.79 Short Dance
    3. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 62.91 Short Dance

SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 71.39 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    2. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 65.79 Short Dance
    3. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 62.91 Short Dance
    4. Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT & Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT (USA) - 53.89 Short Dance
    5. Nellie ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 52.30 Short Dance
    6. Lorenza ALESSANDRINI & Simone VATURI (ITA) - 50.36 Short Dance
    7. Anastasia CANNUSCIO & Colin MCMANUS (USA) - 47.98 Short Dance
    Last edited by Mao88; 10-21-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Yes, but I still feel like they should be getting scores closer to Weaver and Poje. They were basically on par with Weaver and Poje in GOE, but they lost out on some important levels. There is no reason for them to be getting level 2 on YP and level 3 on twizzles.
    I think you should take a closer look again before making such a statement.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast