2012 Skate America Men's LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Men's LP

Snoopy15

On the Ice
I'm honestly thinking that this program looks untrained in comparison to his SP.
As this program progressed, many details were omitted by Hanyu (At least in comparison to his practice and Nebelhorn FS)
1. After the half-way point, his movements begin to look very rushed (Ex. Preceeeding the Triple Axel-Triple Toe, that choreographic action seems very half-hearted)
2. He left out the steps going into his first Triple Lutz
3. He left out the arm movement after the Triple Loop and all transitions before the spin.
4. His arms begin to drop shortly after, as well as his speed evidently.
5. He nearly staggers over himself in the double-threes before the Flip (inevitably leading to his fall).
6. His mistakes translate into his dejected performance in his Choregraphic Step Sequence.
7. He nearly staggers over himself again in the final Combination Spin.

Regardless, putting up 148 with so many mistakes is quite impressive, I believe with some extra training, he'll be a force.

Dots

Final Flight
148 for that? but he was falling left and right, and let's not forget all the balance checks throughout the program. Ugh!

auser

Record Breaker
Wow Hanyu. I personally think the short pgr score was too high but I hate to see that happen although it seems like every skater has to have at least one of those type of melt down skates in their life. He looked so out out of breath.

yeah, I wondered if I was just projecting because I have a respiratory infection now, but it looked like he was gulping air during the program. I wonder if he is having asthma problems? If so, I hope he feels better soon.

skfan

Final Flight
148 for that? but he was falling left and right, and let's not forget all the balance check throughout the program. Ugh!

if he were pchan all those falls would already be made into people's animated gifs by now...

ETA but he's not yet won with so many spectacular falls, so...

herios

Medalist
148 for that? but he was falling left and right, and let's not forget all the balance checks throughout the program. Ugh!

This is what judges do. They embrace a skater and will hold them up no matter what, giving them an undeserved second mark. He should have fallen behind Machida. I am sorry, but that was a gift.

Dots

Final Flight
He should have been off the podium imo. It was a spectacular meltdown, and somehow he got credit for falls, stumbles, and giving up on his choreography. WOW!

herios

Medalist
If he out PCS Kozuka, there will be rioting.

Taka just received his best PCS scores in a LP ever, besting his 2011 Worlds result by 2.02 points. (84.28).
This is a step forward in finally getting recognition from the judges.
Very happy for him.

auser

Record Breaker
infections are nasty, get well soon brah

Can ppl get better from asthma?
thank you for the get well wishes! I have asthma too, it can be managed with medication so that it is less bothersome, but I don't know if the ingredients in asthma meds would violate Olympic anti-doping rules.

bekalc

Record Breaker
He should have been off the podium imo. It was a spectacular meltdown, and somehow he got credit for falls, stumbles, and giving up on his choreography. WOW!

Off the podium I don't agree with that.. He did have a deserved lead after the short after the rest. Can live with his second its not like he beat the other Japanese guy in the long.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I wonder if Hanyu would have done better if he went safe and done a 3S instead of a 4S. Those falls looked like it knocked the wind out of him.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Taka just received his best PCS scores in a LP ever, besting his 2011 Worlds result by 2.02 points. (84.28).
This is a step forward in finally getting recognition from the judges.
Very happy for him.
You get recognition when you have the goods. I think Kozuka's programs are both steps above his past programs and his interpretation of them has more commitment than in the past.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I wonder if Hanyu would have done better if he went safe and done a 3S instead of a 4S. Those falls looked like it knocked the wind out of him.

Sometimes you have to fall in order to succeed. I think its a good idea for him to get use to both those quads now...He may need them at the Olympics.

figuristka

Medalist
I didn't realize i got this on icenetwork as iam outside the US but managed to try and catch Kozuka, Abbott, and Hanyu. Shame i didn't check sooner. Love Hanyu but that wasn't a good skate. Perhaps getting that record for the short added to the pressure. Iam sure missing the quads takes alot of energy away especially with his asthma.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Sometimes you have to fall in order to succeed. I think its a good idea for him to get use to both those quads now...He may need them at the Olympics.

I agree that it's good that he stuck to the layout b/c he's gonna have to learn or condition himself to keep going with falls on the quads.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I agree that it's good that he stuck to the layout b/c he's gonna have to learn or condition himself to keep going with falls on the quads.

Exactly.. He can't not go for those jumps here and then expect they will magically be there at the Olympics/Worlds..

herios

Medalist

Olympics is not like tomorrow. He has plenty of ime till then. The japanese field is deep and with Oda back, one of the big guys at the minimum will be left holding the bag. His first target sgould be making the national team again.