Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Men's LP

Custom Title
    Well deserved for Kozuka. I hope that scratch spin gets better and better.

I'm honestly thinking that this program looks untrained in comparison to his SP.
    As this program progressed, many details were omitted by Hanyu (At least in comparison to his practice and Nebelhorn FS)
    1. After the half-way point, his movements begin to look very rushed (Ex. Preceeeding the Triple Axel-Triple Toe, that choreographic action seems very half-hearted)
    2. He left out the steps going into his first Triple Lutz
    3. He left out the arm movement after the Triple Loop and all transitions before the spin.
    4. His arms begin to drop shortly after, as well as his speed evidently.
    5. He nearly staggers over himself in the double-threes before the Flip (inevitably leading to his fall).
    6. His mistakes translate into his dejected performance in his Choregraphic Step Sequence.
    7. He nearly staggers over himself again in the final Combination Spin.

Regardless, putting up 148 with so many mistakes is quite impressive, I believe with some extra training, he'll be a force.

Custom Title
    148 for that? but he was falling left and right, and let's not forget all the balance checks throughout the program. Ugh!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Wow Hanyu. I personally think the short pgr score was too high but I hate to see that happen although it seems like every skater has to have at least one of those type of melt down skates in their life. He looked so out out of breath.
    yeah, I wondered if I was just projecting because I have a respiratory infection now, but it looked like he was gulping air during the program. I wonder if he is having asthma problems? If so, I hope he feels better soon.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    148 for that? but he was falling left and right, and let's not forget all the balance check throughout the program. Ugh!
    if he were pchan all those falls would already be made into people's animated gifs by now...

ETA but he's not yet won with so many spectacular falls, so...

Custom Title
    148 for that? but he was falling left and right, and let's not forget all the balance checks throughout the program. Ugh!
    This is what judges do. They embrace a skater and will hold them up no matter what, giving them an undeserved second mark. He should have fallen behind Machida. I am sorry, but that was a gift.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    yeah, I wondered if I was just projecting because I have a respiratory infection now.
    infections are nasty, get well soon brah

Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    I wonder if he is having asthma problems? If so, I hope he feels better soon.
    Can ppl get better from asthma?

Custom Title
    He should have been off the podium imo. It was a spectacular meltdown, and somehow he got credit for falls, stumbles, and giving up on his choreography. WOW!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    If he out PCS Kozuka, there will be rioting.
    Taka just received his best PCS scores in a LP ever, besting his 2011 Worlds result by 2.02 points. (84.28).
    This is a step forward in finally getting recognition from the judges.
    Very happy for him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post

thank you for the get well wishes! I have asthma too, it can be managed with medication so that it is less bothersome, but I don't know if the ingredients in asthma meds would violate Olympic anti-doping rules.

Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post

I had Asthma in Finland because if the cold dry climate but it went away when i came to Canada after a few months.

He should have been off the podium imo. It was a spectacular meltdown, and somehow he got credit for falls, stumbles, and giving up on his choreography. WOW!
    Off the podium I don't agree with that.. He did have a deserved lead after the short after the rest. Can live with his second its not like he beat the other Japanese guy in the long.

Custom Title
    I wonder if Hanyu would have done better if he went safe and done a 3S instead of a 4S. Those falls looked like it knocked the wind out of him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Taka just received his best PCS scores in a LP ever, besting his 2011 Worlds result by 2.02 points. (84.28).
    This is a step forward in finally getting recognition from the judges.
    Very happy for him.
    You get recognition when you have the goods. I think Kozuka's programs are both steps above his past programs and his interpretation of them has more commitment than in the past.

Custom Title
    My problem is that Hanyu and Machida have about same PCS.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast