Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Pairs LP

2012 Skate America Pairs LP

I'm so excited! Let's talk

Custom Title

Pairs Free

Since no one else has. I will. It's starting now. Now watch - there will be 3 threads started.

Yay it's starting

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    I hadn't really noticed Donlan/Speroff before and it's a shame about the fall, but I really liked the program and like Tonia K. said..it suits them.
    Last edited by aemeraldrainc; 10-20-2012 at 11:26 PM.

I know D/S have a big following here and I see why- their lines and positions are beautiful. Her death spiral and the lifts were great, and their throws have potential. However, they really do not have the technical difficulty now to compete at the top level in the sport and I'm disheartened because I think their side by side jumps and throws actually have no improvement since last year. Might just have been a few rough skates though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I know D/S have a big following here and I see why- their lines and positions are beautiful. Her death spiral and the lifts were great, and their throws have potential. However, they really do not have the technical difficulty now to compete at the top level in the sport and I'm disheartened because I think their side by side jumps and throws actually have no improvement since last year. Might just have been a few rough skates though.
    I'm puzzled by the technical problems. At Nationals last year I had great hopes for them because they COULD do the technical stuff. They both had good jumps and she had good landings on the throws. Now I don't know if that was an anomaly or if this competition is. Time will tell.

C/S definitely did their best. Its nice to see them so happy

kinda wishing there was a way to get this to stream on the wii.... or is there?

Custom Title
    Was there a collision during the warm-up?

Custom Title
    I like James dress. It looks beautiful on her.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I like James dress. It looks beautiful on her.
    *very* beautiful. i really like james/cipres. castelli/shnapir too. i wonder if i detect julie marcotte choreography in these two LP's? ^__^

always liked D/S, and that program suits them, but i wonder how they would look in a julie marcotte program... LOL... i think every pair should skate to her choreography...

ETA. ok so the arena announcer announced the score to beat at this point... and J/C are not american... so... it wasn't just to drum up cheers for wagner... fine, i eat crow...

I liked Volosozhar/Morozov's costumes when they did Pearl Harbor better. Though Vanessa James does look nice.

Morgan Cipres must be incredibly strong - they're pretty good with the lifts, and Vanessa is definitely big for a pairs girl.

Great score for them, so nice to see them doing well!

Wonderful effort by D/C. Very dynamic, very energetic. They have made improvements since last year in every area I'd criticize EXCEPT for that her positions on the lifts continue to be hideous. I don't care if they are level 4, their lifts need major SOS emergency overhaul.

Other than that, great attack. They continue to lack the refinement and lines of the top teams, and need to point toes more. However, as I said, much better than last season. Good connection. Technically very very good. They should be proud.

take off the oven mitts
    gosh, tonia, stop highlighting the crowd reaction for that ugly frog lift. still, the elements were SO strong, and ON THE MUSIC! that's so difficult to achieve. i have a lot of respect for D/C. great competitors, hitting when it counts.

I agree on all points (re: D/C) Tulosai!

bummed I missed most of the pairs...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast