Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Pairs LP

D/C's lifts are fug, POTO should be banned from skating for at least two Olympic cycles, and shouldn't get the PCS they do - but being the top American pair at Skate America (or any other event) can't hurt. If only D/S were stronger technically...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post

ETA. ok so the arena announcer announced the score to beat at this point... and J/C are not american... so... it wasn't just to drum up cheers for wagner... fine, i eat crow...
    It's probably to drum up cheers for IJS/ CoP.

On the Ice
    Love D/C, but agree about the lifts. She should get some help from Evora who always looked lovely in the air.

take off the oven mitts
    gorgeous from P/T. is it my imagination or has her lift positions become more elegant--stretch, pointed toes! i think she looks more healthy and less thin, as well. and i'm weak for elgar's music, esp. enigma... ^___^

i would not cry if this went ahead of D/C

P/T have such an amazing connection and such grace in their program. It was beautiful to watch them. I disliked the death spiral but no other real complaints. They should go easily into first.

Custom Title
    I wish Denney would have someone design a dress for her that fits - instead of gaps all over the back. I bet their lifts would look better if her costume fit so you could see her actual position.

I also wish Pang could improve her star lift position.

I sound grouchy, don't I. It's getting to be my bedtime.

take off the oven mitts
    the ugly DS has to go. it ruins a beautiful moment because the transition before it was just GORGEOUS in P/T's program. i even liked the musical cuts.

beautiful death spiral in V/T program. i'm glad the mustache from yesterday didn't re-appear. i like their LP better than their SP.
    Last edited by skfan; 10-21-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Custom Title
    Would be nice to see Pang/Tong win this. V/T off their game a bit here.

But of course, it doesn't matter -- V/T win by a comfortable margin.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Would be nice to see Pang/Tong win this. V/T off their game a bit here.
    i could live with that. with all their struggles with health, i'm just so pleased for P/T no matter the outcomes.

I like V/T's free much better than the short. A really rough skate from them. Below their usual level. I really enjoyed their last lift. I've never seen one exactly like it. Gorgeous death spiral...

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    There's just something about V/T that turns me off. I like the music and their costumes and I appreciate their difficulty, but I hope Pang/Tong have this.

Disgusting overscore for V/T, P/T wuzrobbed (at least in the LP).

How can a team as talented as V/T not be more enjoyable to watch? Seriously, they could have been skating to anything, considering how little attention they paid to the music. I don't care how difficult it was, that lift was ugly - and their lack of sync on the side by side spins was worse than ion a typical S/S program!

Hideous costume for Trankov.

Also, I know this is meant as some kind of tribute to the people of Japan, but it looks about as much as a tribute as Florent Amodio skating to music with lyrics at 2011 Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    the ugly DS has to go. it ruins a beautiful moment because the transition before it was just GORGEOUS in P/T's program. i even liked the musical cuts.
    I agree. There were some nice death spiral positions out there tonight. Volosozhar had a lovely position - wish the entrance was as pretty.

NO idea how their score was that high. Just wow. I'll need to see the protocols.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    :(
    I guess not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast