Thread: Skate America Ice Dance

Custom Title

Skate America Ice Dance

I guess I have to remember this is Skate America but as good as Davis and White are they in no way deserve to have that much of a lead over Weaver and Poje or B and S from Russia. The scores seem right for Canada and Russia but D and W were gifted. They are good but not that extraoridinary especially in the SD. Its like different judges were watch D and W. Very disappointing as much as I like D and W; we want good judging and or fair judging. Listen, not every routine or performance is a winner or complete winner. The judges should then give Canada and Russia at least 3 to 4 more points each. I fear this will continue in the free dance too. It's like they are ordained Oly gold and world gold. definitely SA gold.

Custom Title
    Three or four more points based on what???? Disgruntled fans wishes?

Custom Title
    No, pcs. the skating skills of B and S and W and P were much closer; both are much stronger this year. Interpretation and choreography - D and W;s polka tracings or pattern were smaller and should have been bigger compared to Russia and Canada. D and W are good but shouldn't be that far ahead. I understand certain fans have nationalistic pride too but this isn't personal because I like D and W and in many ways I wan them to win Oly gold because they were second last time but I also think V and M are so good too and have so many unfortunate injuries. But as for SA; I am just saying when you look at the whole performance I think W and P and B and S were robbed or D and W were gifted like there was no tomorrow. Just my thoughts.

Custom Title
    Never fear. V/M will be marked similarly at Skate Canada next week---I'll bet you won't be complaining about overmarking then.

Custom Title
    Thank you Skater Boy.