Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 127

Thread: 2012 Skate America Ice Dance FD

  1. #46
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    I'm torn between B/S's high rank and W/P's relatively low rank...

  2. #47
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yeah, that first minute and a half was slightly all over the place.
    W/P's FD?
    the music was all over the place. i didn't "get it"....statues....love....happy music? she's frozen again?
    the dance and movements in the program don't reflect and communicate well.

  3. #48
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,161
    The last minute or so of D/W's program was absolutely beautiful. In terms of their connection, I notice Meryl in particular really emoting more toward Charlie. She seems to always be reaching for him with her eyes. Those last two lifts are truly gorgeous.

  4. #49
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    W/P's FD?
    the music was all over the place. i didn't "get it"....statues....love....happy music? she's frozen again?
    the dance and movements in the program don't reflect and communicate well.
    I don't care for W/P's free dance in general, at least so far. Maybe it will improve on a second viewing, but even taking out the mistakes it just was not very watchable for me. Very sad after last year.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    W/P's FD?
    the music was all over the place. i didn't "get it"....statues....love....happy music? she's frozen again?
    the dance and movements in the program don't reflect and communicate well.
    I liked the FD, but the first minute thirty really was off. They had several infelicities. I liked the theme (an artist interacting with his inspiration) and felt they did a terrific job of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    The last minute or so of D/W's program was absolutely beautiful. In terms of their connection, I notice Meryl in particular really emoting more toward Charlie. She seems to always be reaching for him with her eyes. Those last two lifts are truly gorgeous.
    I feel the exact opposite. Up until the singing, I was liking it. The drama. The body as expressive tools. Then the singing kicked in and it became too dirge like and Charlie thought opening his mouth meant he was being passionate. The rotational lift is as stunning as always, though.

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    715
    Well...that was...um...wierd.

    Bobrova/Soloviev were really dissappointing. They looked, well, pretty much like they did last season here. It was like all of the refinement that they gained last night in the short just vanished. Plus,the music was painful. Protocols are up, though, and it looked like their levels were really good. Still can't work out how they beat W/P though, especially by that much. 97 was way too high for what they put out there.

    Weaver/Poje looked good. Their FD is gorgeous, but I did see them bobble a couple of times. Protocols say their levels were pretty bad, though, which is a shame because they were good at the Ondrej Nepala Cup last week. Can't argue with that. Still, they should have been able to make up some ground on the GOE, which didn't happen. Plus, they essentially tied B/S in the PCS, which is a complete joke. The problem is, this is going to derail W/P's entire season, because they're probably not going to make the final now. Quite frankly, I'm dissapointed, confused, and a bit mad.

    I'm cringng as I'm writing this, because I can hear the backlash that I'm gonna get, but I found Davis/White's FD kinda dull. After their gorgeous FD last season, this is a letdown. Sure, their elements are still amazing, but the prgram doesn't do it for me. A shame, because I really liked their Giselle.

  7. #52
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    They likely lost several levels on the spin, one footwork sequence, and the spread eagle lift, we'll see in the protocols.
    They may have taken too many steps between the first two twizzles?

  8. #53

  9. #54
    pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I liked the FD, but the first minute thirty really was off. They had several infelicities. I liked the theme (an artist interacting with his inspiration) and felt they did a terrific job of that.
    the music (especially) and the physicality of the moves don't really reflect it IMO.

  10. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Well...that was...um...wierd.

    Bobrova/Soloviev were really dissappointing. They looked, well, pretty much like they did last season here. It was like all of the refinement that they gained last night in the short just vanished. Plus,the music was painful. Protocols are up, though, and it looked like their levels were really good. Still can't work out how they beat W/P though, especially by that much. 97 was way too high for what they put out there.

    Weaver/Poje looked good. Their FD is gorgeous, but I did see them bobble a couple of times. Protocols say their levels were pretty bad, though, which is a shame because they were good at the Ondrej Nepala Cup last week. Can't argue with that. Still, they should have been able to make up some ground on the GOE, which didn't happen. Plus, they essentially tied B/S in the PCS, which is a complete joke. The problem is, this is going to derail W/P's entire season, because they're probably not going to make the final now. Quite frankly, I'm dissapointed, confused, and a bit mad.

    I'm cringng as I'm writing this, because I can hear the backlash that I'm gonna get, but I found Davis/White's FD kinda dull. After their gorgeous FD last season, this is a letdown. Sure, their elements are still amazing, but the prgram doesn't do it for me. A shame, because I really liked their Giselle.
    Weaver & Poje can easily win their 2nd event if they skate well. They still should make the final.

  11. #56
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,161
    Finally saw B/S. I don't love their FS either but the strides they have made since last year are obvious and remarkable. Their posture and expressiveness are much better. Placing second here should also give them some confidence which could help. I never thought they would be in the medal mix for Sochi, really, but if they keep going like this, anything is possible.

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    skatingfan, they could still make the final. Realistically, there's two or three slots open (depending on how you view C/L).

  13. #58
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Well...that was...um...wierd.

    Bobrova/Soloviev were really dissappointing. They looked, well, pretty much like they did last season here. It was like all of the refinement that they gained last night in the short just vanished. Plus,the music was painful. Protocols are up, though, and it looked like their levels were really good. Still can't work out how they beat W/P though, especially by that much. 97 was way too high for what they put out there.

    Weaver/Poje looked good. Their FD is gorgeous, but I did see them bobble a couple of times. Protocols say their levels were pretty bad, though, which is a shame because they were good at the Ondrej Nepala Cup last week. Can't argue with that. Still, they should have been able to make up some ground on the GOE, which didn't happen. Plus, they essentially tied B/S in the PCS, which is a complete joke. The problem is, this is going to derail W/P's entire season, because they're probably not going to make the final now. Quite frankly, I'm dissapointed, confused, and a bit mad.

    I'm cringng as I'm writing this, because I can hear the backlash that I'm gonna get, but I found Davis/White's FD kinda dull. After their gorgeous FD last season, this is a letdown. Sure, their elements are still amazing, but the prgram doesn't do it for me. A shame, because I really liked their Giselle.
    I disagree about B/S. I think they look tons better. Their posture is better and they are technically better. I think this is great fr them.

    Agree mostly about D/W. As I said earlier until the last minute it was a letdown for me.

    As for W/P as someone else said they will probably make the final. I understand why their fans are upset, but this is far from a disaster in that regard. I do like and respect W/P and I would say they have made a fan out of me, but I did not like their FS and hope very much to like it better the ext time I see it.

  14. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    hmmmm interesting very rare in Ice Dance shake up. thats not something you see yesterday B/S beating W/P in TES and PCS almost essentially tied , B/S old coach Kustarova must be crying now lol. If B/S can improve more on PCS they might even beat P/B in Cup of China

  15. #60
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I feel the exact opposite. Up until the singing, I was liking it. The drama. The body as expressive tools. Then the singing kicked in and it became too dirge like and Charlie thought opening his mouth meant he was being passionate. The rotational lift is as stunning as always, though.
    Haha, while I wasn't bothered by it here, both Meryl and Charlie could benefit immensely from occasionally closing their mouths during their skates, and this is coming from a huge fan.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •