Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Skate America Ice Dance FD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I've found an NBC stream that should hopefully show two hours of ladies FS, but I want to see dance! I wish that skating were more popular!
    Could you provide the link,please?)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    skatingfan, they could still make the final. Realistically, there's two or three slots open (depending on how you view C/L).
    Plus if they skate better than they did here they totally should win their next assignment. I have no doubt Pechalat & Bourzat are going back this year.

Custom Title
    Also, Zhulin totally reused a lift from Blues for Klook. And they need to figure out an entrance to that rotational lift that doesn't have her rearranging her hair before hand. Disturbing ending, but I liked it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    skatingfan, they could still make the final. Realistically, there's two or three slots open (depending on how you view C/L).
    Will a silver and bronze be enough, though? I believe that they are capable of beating Pechalat/Bourzat at their next event (in which case a gold and bronze probably would be more than enough), but if this is the type of response they're getting from the judges, I'm not particularly hopeful that they will. In the past, silver and bronze (24 points, I believe) hasn't been enough. I guess we'll see, though.

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Could you provide the link,please?)

http://www.9stream.com/channel.php?n=152

Custom Title
    I am shocked by results, but counting the fact I thought that BS were underscored yesterday - the shock is kind of positive. Looking forward to see videos, anyone has a link?

Custom Title
    i don't know ice dance very well and i have questions. why bobrova/soloviev's twizzle got level 4? they didn't hold their legs like other teams. and why davis s jumping so much? look at 1:13 and 1:26. i think she did five times, just in 10 seconds. (and a lot of more in the fd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOi7P...eature=g-all-u

sorry for my english.
    Last edited by elif; 10-21-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Will a silver and bronze be enough, though? I believe that they are capable of beating Pechalat/Bourzat at their next event (in which case a gold and bronze probably would be more than enough), but if this is the type of response they're getting from the judges, I'm not particularly hopeful that they will. In the past, silver and bronze (24 points, I believe) hasn't been enough. I guess we'll see, though.
    In 2010/2011, W/P made the final with 2nd and fourth.

Davis/White and V/M: Two golds
    P/B: A gold and a silver or two golds
    C/L: Two silvers

Now, it's between B/S, Shibs, W/P and I/K. If W/P get silver in China and B/S get bronze, it'll come down to program points (both will have 24 points). I/K and the Shibs are in the same boat. It'll likely be one but not both (competing at the same events, with gold likely going to V/M and D/W). The response from the judges is fine. They just didn't skate it that well here.

My thoughts on Bobrova and Soloviev's FD

Some things that I want them to improve upon -
    Their first lift has a slightly awkward set up, but the rest of it is beautiful. If they fix it (it seems like he takes two tries to lift her) I think they could get 2's and 3's in GOE.
    They still need to work on the lift that gave them trouble in Finlandia - it was level 4 today, but could get higher GOE if they smooth it out a bit more
    Last lift needs work on the entrance. They need to figure out a better way of getting him some support without her pulling her hair around.

Their twizzles looked a little close to getting a downgrade for turning a twizzle into a pirouette/three turn. I know that he only had an issue with one twizzle in the second set which is why they got level 4, but it's definitely something to work on.

I've noticed some issues of synchronicity in the footwork sequences that may be preventing them from getting higher GOE.

But still amazing job to them! They've improved so much in such a short time, and will hopefully improve even more as time goes on!
    Also, here's a link to all the dances!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AOLManager/videos?view=0
    Last edited by Macassar88; 10-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Custom Title
    Thanks!=)))

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    i don't know ice dance very well and i have questions. why bobrova/soloviev's twizzle got level 4? they didn't hold their legs like other teams. and why davis s jumping so much? look at 1:13 and 1:26. i think she did five times, just in 10 seconds. (and a lot of more in the fd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOi7P...eature=g-all-u

sorry for my english.
    Bobrova and Soloviev's twizzles got level 4 because both sets are done on one leg, they do a dance jump into the twizzles and they hold an arm above their head during one set.

Custom Title
    No matter how much B/S have improved, I don't particularly care for their FD, especially in comparision to W/P's FD, which I found more interesting and enjoyable to watch. B/S may have been technically better in judges' eyes, but I like W/P more -- their on-ice connection, their look on the ice together and their personalities, as well as their skating.

No accounting for politics, which are definitely a factor. I just hope W/P focus on themselves and what they can do better to show they have what it takes and that they deserve the marks.

Custom Title
    Bobrova and Soloviev's twizzles got level 4 because both sets are done on one leg, they do a dance jump into the twizzles and they hold an arm above their head during one set.
    thanks. i thought that was a requirement.

Custom Title
    I have made a decision. If someone with magical powers said that I could look like any skater in the world, I'd choose Meryl Davis. It's not that she's the most beautiful...there are so many beautiful ice dancers that I could never rank them. She just looks like someone out of a story.

What does everyone think of their new program? There are some amazing lifts in there, aren't there?

Custom Title
    W/P's problem is that they face both Bobrova/Soloviev and Pechalat/Bourzat at Cup of China. If they finish 3rd again, bye bye GPF.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast