2012 Skate America Ice Dance FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ice Dance FD

xzchief

Rinkside
This is so frustrating! There's more footage of bigfoot than of skating. There is no excuse as to why NBC can't be broadcasting this right now.

The excuse is that the Action Sports Tour gets better ratings, especially among young people. Therefore, it gets coverage from 2 to 4 p.m. today. Skate America gets 4 to 6 p.m.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't doubt that B/S deserved to beat W/P. I'm disappointed that W/P had what looks like a disappointing skate. I haven't seen this competition yet, but I actually like both these free dances, but my heart is with W/P. That's all.

I hear you. I edited my post to try to reflect that I do understand what you are saying. I kind of find shake ups in dance exciting because they're so rare, but my heart is with certain teams too :thumbsup:

Final Flight
Yeah, that first minute and a half was slightly all over the place.

W/P's FD?
the music was all over the place. i didn't "get it"....statues....love....happy music? she's frozen again?
the dance and movements in the program don't reflect and communicate well.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The last minute or so of D/W's program was absolutely beautiful. In terms of their connection, I notice Meryl in particular really emoting more toward Charlie. She seems to always be reaching for him with her eyes. Those last two lifts are truly gorgeous.

tulosai

Record Breaker
W/P's FD?
the music was all over the place. i didn't "get it"....statues....love....happy music? she's frozen again?

I don't care for W/P's free dance in general, at least so far. Maybe it will improve on a second viewing, but even taking out the mistakes it just was not very watchable for me. Very sad after last year.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
W/P's FD?

I liked the FD, but the first minute thirty really was off. They had several infelicities. I liked the theme (an artist interacting with his inspiration) and felt they did a terrific job of that.

The last minute or so of D/W's program was absolutely beautiful. In terms of their connection, I notice Meryl in particular really emoting more toward Charlie. She seems to always be reaching for him with her eyes. Those last two lifts are truly gorgeous.

I feel the exact opposite. Up until the singing, I was liking it. The drama. The body as expressive tools. Then the singing kicked in and it became too dirge like and Charlie thought opening his mouth meant he was being passionate. The rotational lift is as stunning as always, though.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Well...that was...um...wierd.:disapp:

Bobrova/Soloviev were really dissappointing. They looked, well, pretty much like they did last season here. It was like all of the refinement that they gained last night in the short just vanished. Plus,the music was painful. Protocols are up, though, and it looked like their levels were really good. Still can't work out how they beat W/P though, especially by that much. 97 was way too high for what they put out there.

Weaver/Poje looked good. Their FD is gorgeous, but I did see them bobble a couple of times. Protocols say their levels were pretty bad, though, which is a shame because they were good at the Ondrej Nepala Cup last week. Can't argue with that. Still, they should have been able to make up some ground on the GOE, which didn't happen. Plus, they essentially tied B/S in the PCS, which is a complete joke. The problem is, this is going to derail W/P's entire season, because they're probably not going to make the final now. Quite frankly, I'm dissapointed, confused, and a bit mad.

I'm cringng as I'm writing this, because I can hear the backlash that I'm gonna get, but I found Davis/White's FD kinda dull. After their gorgeous FD last season, this is a letdown. Sure, their elements are still amazing, but the prgram doesn't do it for me. A shame, because I really liked their Giselle.

Final Flight
I liked the FD, but the first minute thirty really was off. They had several infelicities. I liked the theme (an artist interacting with his inspiration) and felt they did a terrific job of that.

the music (especially) and the physicality of the moves don't really reflect it IMO.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Bobrova/Soloviev were really dissappointing. They looked, well, pretty much like they did last season here. It was like all of the refinement that they gained last night in the short just vanished. Plus,the music was painful. Protocols are up, though, and it looked like their levels were really good. Still can't work out how they beat W/P though, especially by that much. 97 was way too high for what they put out there.

Weaver/Poje looked good. Their FD is gorgeous, but I did see them bobble a couple of times. Protocols say their levels were pretty bad, though, which is a shame because they were good at the Ondrej Nepala Cup last week. Can't argue with that. Still, they should have been able to make up some ground on the GOE, which didn't happen. Plus, they essentially tied B/S in the PCS, which is a complete joke. The problem is, this is going to derail W/P's entire season, because they're probably not going to make the final now. Quite frankly, I'm dissapointed, confused, and a bit mad.

I'm cringng as I'm writing this, because I can hear the backlash that I'm gonna get, but I found Davis/White's FD kinda dull. After their gorgeous FD last season, this is a letdown. Sure, their elements are still amazing, but the prgram doesn't do it for me. A shame, because I really liked their Giselle.

Weaver & Poje can easily win their 2nd event if they skate well. They still should make the final.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Finally saw B/S. I don't love their FS either but the strides they have made since last year are obvious and remarkable. Their posture and expressiveness are much better. Placing second here should also give them some confidence which could help. I never thought they would be in the medal mix for Sochi, really, but if they keep going like this, anything is possible.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
skatingfan, they could still make the final. Realistically, there's two or three slots open (depending on how you view C/L).

tulosai

Record Breaker

I disagree about B/S. I think they look tons better. Their posture is better and they are technically better. I think this is great fr them.

Agree mostly about D/W. As I said earlier until the last minute it was a letdown for me.

As for W/P as someone else said they will probably make the final. I understand why their fans are upset, but this is far from a disaster in that regard. I do like and respect W/P and I would say they have made a fan out of me, but I did not like their FS and hope very much to like it better the ext time I see it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
hmmmm interesting very rare in Ice Dance shake up. thats not something you see yesterday B/S beating W/P in TES and PCS almost essentially tied , B/S old coach Kustarova must be crying now lol. If B/S can improve more on PCS they might even beat P/B in Cup of China

tulosai

Record Breaker
I feel the exact opposite. Up until the singing, I was liking it. The drama. The body as expressive tools. Then the singing kicked in and it became too dirge like and Charlie thought opening his mouth meant he was being passionate. The rotational lift is as stunning as always, though.

Haha, while I wasn't bothered by it here, both Meryl and Charlie could benefit immensely from occasionally closing their mouths during their skates, and this is coming from a huge fan.