2012 Skate America Ice Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ice Dance FD

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I like Lynn and Logan, I loved their Muse FD a couple season ago, but I'm not feeling this program. They're starting to remind me of Bommentre and Navarro, in which it seems they say hey let's select a couple of popular songs and skate to them, it doesn't seem like much thought when in to it.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I like Lynn and Logan, I loved their Muse FD a couple season ago, but I'm not feeling this program. They're starting to remind me of Bommentre and Navarro, in which it seems they say hey let's select a couple of popular songs and skate to them, it doesn't seem like much thought when in to it.

Interesting observation, and I sorta see where it comes from. I have to admit I like their chemistry on ice and that upside down lift was a stunner, as was the final rotational lift.

Huge score for B/S.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really like Z/G. I see where they need to improve technically, but my goodness, what fantastic personality and sense of genuine fun on the ice. Fantastic.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
They're starting to remind me of Bommentre and Navarro, in which it seems they say hey let's select a couple of popular songs and skate to them, it doesn't seem like much thought when in to it.
I saw an N/B resemblance in how they're kind of doing their own thing, rather than joining any of the more popular coaches/choreographers. Adele's not really an original choice, but they did well with it.

gold12345

Medalist

I agree. Their music isn't very "ice dancey".

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
This is so frustrating! There's more footage of bigfoot than of skating. There is no excuse as to why NBC can't be broadcasting this right now.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Did they mess up?

Presumably, technically they scored 41 and change (beat B/S on PCS though). Did they lose an element entirely, or were they just hammered with low levels? I'll have to wait for the protocols (no deductions, though).

Disappointing.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
They likely lost several levels on the spin, one footwork sequence, and the spread eagle lift, we'll see in the protocols.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Presumably, technically they scored 41 and change (beat B/S on PCS though). Did they lose an element entirely, or were they just hammered with low levels? I'll have to wait for the protocols (no deductions, though).

Disappointing.

I don't know. I haven't seen either team's FD but I personally thought the teams should have been closer yesterday. It's been exciting to watch W/P over the past two years since they have improved so much, but it seems to me now that B/S are making their own huge improvements. If they won on the merits I'm glad they did so and I think that is something we should be encouraging rather than just reputation judging from last year.

Again, though, I've not seen the skates.

ETA: I'm not meaning to suggest at all that you favor reputation judging. I respect all of your opinions here a great deal. I was just saying why I don't find this particularly disappointing.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I don't doubt that B/S deserved to beat W/P. I'm disappointed that W/P had what looks like a disappointing skate. I haven't seen this competition yet, but I actually like both these free dances, but my heart is with W/P. That's all.