2012 Skate America Ladies LP | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies LP

They're showing SKATING on TV? And I only missed half an hour?

I just missed Jeremy Abbott. They're in the Kiss and Cry. Here comes Kozuka.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
watching on ice network right now. Rachael Flatt just skated. Kept Firebird from last year. Not bad but not great. Triple flip, doubled the 2nd. two triple loops, one with 2T. One 3 salchow. did not attempt 3lutz or 3 toe. total scorem of 92.37 for the free skate.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow Rachael is so slow now it's almost painful to watch. She skated clean for the most part and still didn't get neat 100 points. Of all the US Ladies they couldn't get someone better?

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Alena Leonova

3T/3T, two-footed on 2nd jump
3Loop
3 Lutz, hand down
3 Flip, stepped out of landing
3S/T
footwork
3F/2T, turn between jumps, really close to the barrier
2A
final spin

didn't catch the name ofher music
red dress with a deep v, 3/4 sleeves, black accents

now in k-n-c with Morozov

106.77, moves ahead of Rachael

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I used to be a fan of Rachael's skating, and feel like one of her few admirers on this board -- but as of this competition, I'm not a fan of her skating anymore. I really didn't enjoy the sp -- it seemed like someone's idea of choreography was having her throw her arms in the air as a so-called artistic move, but nothing was going on with her blades except stroking at the time of the arm movements. Just slow, empty of good choreo, boring.

**Though I still think the whole Worlds skating-while-injured debacle was ridiculous (I have no problem with her skating that year, she earned her spot), and I also think she was egregiously underscored at her Olys due to incorrect UR calls -- these among other things I will continue to defend her about. But I sure didn't find anything enjoyable about her performances here.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Wow Rachael is so slow now it's almost painful to watch. She skated clean for the most part and still didn't get neat 100 points. Of all the US Ladies they couldn't get someone better?

At lease she is not going to finish last. She is now ahead of Hecken.

The question for me tonight is, can Sotnikova finally perform a clean program without mistakes in competition for the first time in 18 months.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
At lease she is not going to finish last. She is now ahead of Hecken.

The question for me tonight is, can Sotnikova finally perform a clean program without mistakes in competition for the first time in 18 months.

that's highly unlikely to happen to Adelina atm, Ashley will win this by a huge margin

Mao88

Record Breaker
that's highly unlikely to happen to Adelina atm, Ashley will win this by a huge margin

I totally agree that Ashley is going to win, but it would be so nice to finally see a clean program from Adelina

icellist

On the Ice
why did haruka get a 1 point deduction? I don't remember her falling. I shouldn't be multitasking and watching at the same time...