By US Nationals it may be
    1. Wagner
    2. Gold or Gao
    3. Gold or Gao
    4. Zhang
    5. Nagasu
    6. Zawadzki
    7. Flatt

I really love "Samson and Delilah" for Ashley! The music is so dramatic and is perfect for her. She sells the program like no other!

I like the costume but I'm not exactly loving it. I see a costume change late in the season.

I am just interested with Worlds!

Ashley-Akiko-Sotnikova-Ando-Kim-Asada-Murakami-Kostner-Tuktamysheva are all in the mix! Pretty exciting!

Custom Title
    That was quite a competition. Not many triple-triples, but it's early in the season.

Dead Can Dance music for Meite. Good choice!
    But I hate hate hate Marchei's dress.
    When she leans forward it looks like she has super-pointy breasts.
    Last edited by Slowdive; 10-21-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Custom Title
    Re Ashley's costume, at first I didn't like the color. I thought it was too bright when I saw a picture online, but when I saw it later during her performance it didn't look so bright yellow. It is more of a deep yellow with orange highlights. And, I love the embroidery and the cut of it now too. I think it actually suits the Samson and Delilah theme, and Ashley looks sexy in it. I'm not so sure she's going to make a costume change later in the season. It must be expensive to get these costumes designed and made. Does Philip Mills help in designing her costumes? I know he does her choreography.

I'm so impressed that even though Ashley was nervous, she overcame it when the music started. Also, what Nicks said to her to steady her nerves helped her too. She's a great pupil and he's a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    They're showing SKATING on TV? And I only missed half an hour?

I just missed Jeremy Abbott. They're in the Kiss and Cry. Here comes Kozuka.
    what? nbc covered skate America? Someone please put a link to GP TV coverage if they have one TKS. I goota join IN but life gets in the way...Thank God for youtube...

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 188.37 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    2. Christina GAO (USA) - 174.25 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    3. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 168.96 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 158.79 Free Skate
    5. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 157.72 Free Skate
    6. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 155.95 Free Skate
    7. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 153.49 Free Skate
    8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 144.85 Free Skate
    9. Rachael FLATT (USA) - 136.09 Free Skate
    10. Sarah HECKEN (GER) - 134.09 Free Skate

Added the video for Rachael Flatt's free program.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    ...I forgot Agnes...she also could have been given SA.

The bigger mistake was not to feature Gracie at SA. Big mistake in my opinion.
    Both Gold and Zawadzki already have two OTHER events, so they couldn't have gotten SA.

So with Gao already being chosen, it was down to Flatt & Nagasu, they went with the former.

If Nagasu is motivated enough, she'll show through a strong result at COC that she deserved two events. Otherwise...*shrug*

Banned
    I fell asleep, but here is my take

looks like Ashley will be the one to be beat this season not Mao
    I never thought Gao would be more of a factor than Agnes or Gracie,lol but looks like training with Hanyu and Fernandez gave her a lot of confidence
    Adelina has improved, I'm beginning to love her FS , too bad about the invalid combos,

Custom Title
    Thanks Mao88!
    Just saw Adelina- technically, she really did 3 triple flips (the judges were lenient), so her edge on the lutz still has issues, so lucky there. But she is such a fantastic talent (and a quite beautiful young woman) with such speed and scale on her jumps that it's a shame she made those mistakes. I'm guessing, an early season competition, with concentration and stamina issues. She will sort it out, no question.
    Go Adelina!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    what? nbc covered skate America? Someone please put a link to GP TV coverage if they have one TKS. I goota join IN but life gets in the way...Thank God for youtube...
    there wasn't much... but the ladies were live... teh last few anyway.

Custom Title
    Yes, NBC will have a 2 hour show for each Grand Prix except Cup of China (for some reason). Mike Emrick (usually does hockey) is the announcer this year. I liked him. He didn't talk too much, was crisp in his delivery, and didn't ask stupid or condescending questions.

Check your listings.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I fell asleep, but here is my take

looks like Ashley will be the one to be beat this season not Mao
    I never thought Gao would be more of a factor than Agnes or Gracie,lol but looks like training with Hanyu and Fernandez gave her a lot of confidence
    Adelina has improved, I'm beginning to love her FS , too bad about the invalid combos,
    Christina Gao's coach isn't Brian Orser anymore. She goes to Harvard now, so she trains in Boston (with Ross Miner and Harrison Choate).

Custom Title
    Adelina is a dissapointment. What's with the music choice? I don't think she'll grow into a champion...She's going to lose more and more PCS for her inconsistency...she reminds me of Kostner who is struggling all the time, that's why I don't like her...all those falls every now and then. Happy for Gao and Wagner! That's how you do it! like Liza last year. What's for Leonova - awful costumes, awful programs.

Custom Title
    Incredible! After so many years of being a hopeful fan, it's AMAZING to watch her win! It's funny how she's now the center of discussions about overscoring. She was usually the victim of somebody else being overscored, now it's the other way around. But that's figure skating. And it's great that she gets boosted while not failing to deliver. 4th win in 2012! (Nats, 4CC, JO and SKAM) GO ASHLEY!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast