2012 Skate America Ladies LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies LP

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Ashley was great but boy she needs those triple-triples if she is going to win gold at Worlds rather than just a lesser medal, especialy if Kim is back close to her best. What on earth happened to do the triple lutz-triple loop she did so easily in 2008, now she cant even do a solo triple lutz properly.

HR4

On the Ice
Disaster for Russians. German commentators liked her more than Goa, but they are hilarious, as they for instance call Tukatmysheva "Elena" and not "Elizaveta"

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Great score, well deserved. If she adds the triple-triples and polishes up a few small things she can score atleast 10 points higher later in the year I bet.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Ashley Wagner

Samson and Delilah

beautiful yellow-orange dress

3T/2T/2T
2A/2T
3S
flying spin
layback/catch foot/biellmann
3loop
3Lutz
3loop turn 2A
footwork
3Flip
final spin (a bit wonky)

1st
Skate America Champion

burntBREAD

Medalist
Doubt Wagner's going to put a 3-3 in her free if she's going to do a 2A-3T already. No sense repeating a toe when she's repeating flip and loop, which are far more valuable.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I wouldn't call Sotnikova's competition a complete disaster. She did land a 3lutz/3toe and I think she's slowly getting it together.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Adelina another gp bronze because she can't even count like Oda and is totally poor in competition

Becki

Medalist
Doubt Wagner's going to put a 3-3 in her free if she's going to do a 2A-3T already. No sense repeating a toe when she's repeating flip and loop, which are far more valuable.

I think Ashley did great, but 127 is a gigantic score for her performance. I was expecting 124 max - looks like she did really well in the PC department :eek:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Ashley did a great job and I like the program - but personally I preferred Christina.....

I also liked Haruka's program -anither great music choice with Mozart's Divertimento.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Wagner
Score: 127.76, total 189.37 and GOLD!

Ashley has what Sotnikova hasn't - the nerve to win and the ability to cope with pressure. Gao put up a great challenge, but Ashley just swept her aside. Great performance from Ashley

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley has what Sotnikova hasn't - the nerve to win and the ability to cope with pressure. Gao put up a great challenge, but Ashley just swept her aside. Great performance from Ashley

Wagner is also 5 years older then Sotnikova. How was Wagner doing as a 16 year old? Oh that's right Ashley finished 16th at Worlds that year. So don't count out Adelina.

Last edited: