2012 Skate America Ladies LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies LP

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Oh,and also there is a high chance not to see her in gpf((((((((((((((((((((((once again......Osmond,Gao...who's next??

christinaskater

Medalist
Ashley is Ashley. I don't see her on mk level..sorry.

I am sorry for the MK 2.0 comment.

Ashley is indeed Ashley! I just feel the ability to get lost in the music and to really sell a program is very evident in her! Nobody could sell a program like Kwan!

Ashley kwanned the field hahaha!

bekalc

Record Breaker
Growth spurts shouldn't really effect math and counting ability. So now there is a new problem for sotnikova. Learning about the zayak and combo rules.

She did it once. If she does it again, than we can talk. I'm willing to give every skater a one time stupid mistake pass at that rule.

ranjake

Final Flight
I really enjoyed seeing Adelina. I hadn't seen much of her before- so much natural potential. I didn't love her music, especially the second half(and also hated the second half of Leonova's music). But, overall, really a fun day of skating. So happy for Christina Gao, too :)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
People keep ragging on Adelina forgetting that this is a 16 year old girl with tremendous pressure on her. Remember just a couple years ago after she dominated the JGP? People were saying she was the next Olympic champion. Give the girl some space.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
People keep ragging on Adelina forgetting that this is a 16 year old girl with tremendous pressure on her. Remember just a couple years ago after she dominated the JGP? People were saying she was the next Olympic champion. Give the girl some space.

I never said that or felt that and the hype on her always annoyed the heck out of me, it rivalled the hype on Caroline Zhang from many years back which also alienated me against her at the time. I never felt she was anywhere near as good as Kim and Asada at that age, nor as Julia L. last year at that age, even back when she was skating well. Sorry that is my opinion.

lavender

Record Breaker
I am sorry for the MK 2.0 comment.

Ashley is indeed Ashley! I just feel the ability to get lost in the music and to really sell a program is very evident in her! Nobody could sell a program like Kwan!

Ashley kwanned the field hahaha!

I understand...I can feel your excitement by your words.:)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

Not much pressure...Now Julia and Liza have to deal with pressure.Adele - not so much...

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Not much pressure...Now Julia and Liza have to deal with pressure.Adele - not so much...

True, I think those are the two people are looking at. People arent even expecting much of Adelina S. anymore. Even this event nobody was picking her to win, everyone picked Wagner to win, so she didnt have much pressure on her, and still didnt deliver in the LP. We will see as the season goes how Julia and Liza, the two who actually have real pressure on them, will perform.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I never said that or felt that and the hype on her always annoyed the heck out of me, it rivalled the hype on Caroline Zhang from many years back which also alienated me against her at the time. I never felt she was anywhere near as good as Kim and Asada at that age, nor as Julia L. last year at that age, even back when she was skating well. Sorry that is my opinion.

I disagree I think if Adelina hits her jumps she's better than Julia. Her jumps are bigger and I think the musicality and performance quality is better.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I disagree I think if Adelina hits her jumps she's better than Julia. Her jumps are bigger and I think the musicality and performance quality is better.

To each their own. I find Julia L. is like a young Sasha Cohen but with much better jumps and basic skating, and we wll know Sasha with stronger jumps and basic skating would have been unbeatable and won a ton of World and Olympic events. She has the wow factor, and I love her spins and flexability moves, and I find her jumps great even if they arent huge, and her lines and positions wonderful.

gmyers

Record Breaker
She did it once. If she does it again, than we can talk. I'm willing to give every skater a one time stupid mistake pass at that rule.

I am getting a little concerned about how every time she competes it's always something. It's growth, it's a fall, it's a popped jump, it's zayaking. Judges are totally giving her the benefit of the doubt with really good goe on things she manages to do well. It's like 6 or 7 senior competitions now plus the youth Olympics and sotnikova is like this every single time! Her consistency with this kind of skate is amazing! She can do flips and lutzes and do all jumps but not in competition apparently. Too bad. And the pressure is not going to get less. If she can't deal with it because of her age maybe she needs to talk to spOrts psychiatrists. That's not new. Changing bodies and high stress defines girls in skating and lots have managed to win competitions.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But just wait until Julia L hits puberty and grows about 3-4 inches. Adelina struggled and now Tuk is. Julia could be hit hard next year also so i woudn't crown her next Olympic Champion either.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I am getting a little concerned about how every time she competes it's always something. It's growth, it's a fall, it's a popped jump, it's zayaking. Judges are totally giving her the benefit of the doubt with really good goe on things she manages to do well. It's like 6 or 7 senior competitions now plus the youth Olympics and sotnikova is like this every single time! Her consistency with this kind of skate is amazing! She can do flips and lutzes and do all jumps but not in competition apparently. Too bad. And the pressure is not going to get less. If she can't deal with it because of her age maybe she needs to talk to spOrts psychiatrists. That's not new. Changing bodies and high stress defines girls in skating and lots have managed to win competitions.

Of course but once again remember Adelina's age. Kim for example she didn't compete as an age ineligible at the GP like Adelina did last year. And her first year in the GP she had her issues. (She for example took 3rd at Skate Canada losing to Rochette and Suguri) although (she was great in the short)...

Give Adelina a little time to gell...If she doesn't start hitting cleaner programs by the end of the season then we can talk...I think she's slowly starting to get it together.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
But just wait until Julia L hits puberty and grows about 3-4 inches. Adelina struggled and now Tuk is. Julia could be hit hard next year also so i woudn't crown her next Olympic Champion either.

I am not crowning her Oly Champ. Personally I think now that she said she wants to go for it Yu Na Kim will most likely repeat as Olympic Champion. Even 85% of her 2010 level is unreachable for anyone else today. However I dont think Julia L. will have a major growth spurt, to me she looks like she has the body type she will always be quite petite and tiny like Cohen and Lipinski. Even if she has one she will still be small, and her technique on things is more compact and efficient, not explosive, so it is easier to overcome.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Lol, so people are back on bashing Adelina now... how creative. So she doesn't have any pressure? What a stupid thing to say. As if the great competition she has with Liza and Julia wouldn't make it worse, instead of taking the pressure off of her straight over to those two.
And she isn't getting 'the benefit of the doubt' when she gets high GOE on well executed elements. It's just that her elements are that good she deserves those GOE when she hits them. And now she's too stupid to do math... blah.

Anyway, her 3Lz-3T was amazing! And the lutz was clean, no edge call there. That's very nice to see :)
While I'm very happy for Ashley, I'm not really into that program by now. I don't really now why, but since she just got better with time last season, I expect her to do so again and win me over sometime later. Great confidence though, I didn't feel nervous for her at all - in that good, secure kind of way.

Congrats to Christina too, she's lovely to watch. Hopefully her season will go on as well as it started!

A little sad for Alena though... no GPF for her this year :no:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not crowning her Oly Champ. Personally I think now that she said she wants to go for it Yu Na Kim will most likely repeat as Olympic Champion. Even 85% of her 2010 level is unreachable for anyone else today. However I dont think Julia L. will have a major growth spurt, to me she looks like she has the body type she will always be quite petite and tiny like Cohen and Lipinski. Even if she has one she will still be small, and her technique on things is more compact and efficient, not explosive, so it is easier to overcome.

I don't care how good Yuna was in 2010 if she doesn't start competing now she won't repeat as Olympic Champion. Even when great athletes like Michael Jordan took time off they weren't as good as before and it took time and competition to get back to where they were. And i don't see Yuna having the same desire and willingness to work to come back and dominate like MJ had back in 1995.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Of course but once again remember Adelina's age. Kim for example she didn't compete as an age ineligible at the GP like Adelina did last year. And her first year in the GP she had her issues. (She for example took 3rd at Skate Canada losing to Rochette and Suguri) although (she was great in the short)...

Give Adelina a little time to gell...If she doesn't start hitting cleaner programs by the end of the season then we can talk...I think she's slowly starting to get it together.

She may gell but I doubt before Sochi. There is A lot of work to be done.

She did not have an edge call on her lutz and that reminds me of last season when lutz failure was met with "it's because she is fixing it!" Still lots to do and work on and fix.

bekalc

Record Breaker
She may gell but I doubt before Sochi. There is A lot of work to be done.

She did not have an edge call on her lutz and that reminds me of last season when lutz failure was met with "it's because she is fixing it!" Still lots to do and work on and fix.

The main thing is landing the jumps (and a better program) And well seems to me that lutz was beautiful here (wasn't it?);)

Last edited: