Thread: Everyone back home safe and sound?

Hybrid View

Everyone back home safe and sound?

Had a great time at SA with Paul, Mrs.P, Moonlightskater and the gang. You guys are great! It was very interesting to listen to you folks at dinner...
    wish I knew one tenth of what you folks do about the sport...hope we can all meet up again in the future. Changed out my orange vest for my lucky
    Orange T-shirt on Sunday and man did it work...how fun was Sunday? Yeah! Stupid me forgot to set the video recorder for NBC coverage so I guess I
    will have to watch Icenetwork to see me yelling in the third row. I will download my pics soon of the event and post the photobucket link...and while I wont post any pics here of the
    Goldenskaters (except for me) , If you like I can send you pics of yourselves through private e-mail.

Look for a big orange T-shirt in the front row at Omaha....

Custom Title
    CC, I looked for you prior to the ice dance FD, but you weren't seated yet. I did, however, find the delightful dorispulaski! Between the ice dance FD and the Ladies, I intended to track down more Goldenskaters, but enjoyed talking to my seatmates so much, I forgot. :-) Well, maybe next time! I took a bunch of photos, but haven't uploaded any yet. It will be lucky if any of them are even viewable (I left the heavy DSLR at home and used a pocket camera). I'll post a link here when I do....

I got home safe, thanks! It was snowing on the way home, but it wasn't that bad until ironically AFTER we went over Snoqualmie Pass. But no danger, I'm home. It was great meeting you guys. Sorry I didn't get to meet you LongTimeLurker; maybe another time.

I got some decent photos, so I'll link when I get them up.

LTL and Mrs. P. Please do post your photos....will download mine tonight and see what I got. I have a gutter issue due to a wind storm so I have to work on that tomarrow.
    (It turns out lots of folk wear orange or yellow so we shall have to work on a "Uniform" for future comps....personally, I think knowing folk at events doubles the pleasure of the event.
    I know few who are going to Omaha....or Boston)
    (OK, just checked out the pics I took....got some good fun shots of our crew there, which will not be posted without the permission of the victums...got some other fun shots that maybe only
    mean something to me...I will leave it to others to post the best skating shots but I will have a photobucket alblum up sans forum members....
    Chris)
    Last edited by CoyoteChris; 10-23-2012 at 09:37 PM.

I've decided to go to the next event on the west coast - unless the airfare jumps more or it's the same time a trip I've already planned is actually happening (or just happened/about to happen)...

unless money goes away...

Custom Title
    I'm home safe and sound- I got back at about 2:15 A.M. after a two hour delay in Chicago. Thankfully today was a slow and relaxing day at work and I have tomorrow off to re-adjust to the Eastern time zone. I'm missing the skating already- I really enjoyed watching each and every competitor in the competition for various reasons. Despite the meltdowns in the men's long programs it was such a high level for the first competition of the season.

It was fun meeting you all! Here's to hoping for more events that are possible to travel to. I think I might need to try to make it to NWP regionals next fall if they are indeed held at Sprinker in Lakewood (my old rink).