Everyone back home safe and sound? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Everyone back home safe and sound?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
interesting... I think I'm in violation of their rules then as I do display my photos...
Exactly. Me too. I assume they will come after me soon for posting photos and also tearing the tag off my pillow that says, "Do not Remove".

What is really odd is the rules for Boston 2014. Not many cameras fall into the acceptible range.....Quote:
The official U.S. Figure Skating video and camera policy will be enforced for the U.S. Championships.

Specifically prohibited are:
- Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length
- Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
- Interchangeable lenses of any kind
- Monopods or tripods
- Flash equipment of any kind

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
No "telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind"? That is odd.... About the only "camera" that does not have a zoom of any kind would be the kind on phones.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
No "telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind"? That is odd.... About the only "camera" that does not have a zoom of any kind would be the kind on phones.
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. And, of course, it says that it will also enforce the USFSA rules, also. My guess is that in the real world of the Boston arena, any point and shoot will be allowed in
during the competition.....may be more for practice.....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Exactly. Me too. I assume they will come after me soon for posting photos and also tearing the tag off my pillow that says, "Do not Remove".

What is really odd is the rules for Boston 2014. Not many cameras fall into the acceptible range.....Quote:
The official U.S. Figure Skating video and camera policy will be enforced for the U.S. Championships.

Specifically prohibited are:
- Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length
- Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
- Interchangeable lenses of any kind
- Monopods or tripods
- Flash equipment of any kind

That's crazy. I couldn't take any of my cameras, then. One more reason, I suppose, that I won't be going to Nationals again any time soon. Price it that high and then I can't even take a camera (which might as well be an extension of my hand as is)?! No thanks, USFSA... I'll go to Disney and save money AND get to bring my camera!