2005 Canadians are in London, ON | Golden Skate

2005 Canadians are in London, ON

ice_mommy

Spectator
Do you know where this new venue is? Which hotels would be near by? which secondary site would they use or are there 2 rinks there? Thanks for any help.

Blade1

On the Ice
ice_mommy said:
Do you know where this new venue is? Which hotels would be near by? which secondary site would they use or are there 2 rinks there? Thanks for any help.

Well its probably too early to tell if there will be 2 rinks used for practices, but I'm pretty sure they will be 2 arena's, Canadians is such a big event, they can't just use one arena for all practices. Too many skaters.

As for the new venue. I can tell you that its right downtown London. BEAUTIFUL venue. Not a bad seat in the house as well. Lots of hotels in the downtown area. Also alot of Bed & Breakfast's as well if you are looking for something like that.

I'm thrilled to see that Canadians is going to be in London. Definitly going to be making a trip for this one!

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
This is such excellent news!! Alexa, I can almost walk there too!

I am so happy about this!

You all will LOVE the JLC!! It's beautiful!

Alexa

Spectator
To get to the John Labatt Centre website, go to John Labatt Centre

I saw B&K's Homecoming show there last month and have been there for many hockey games, and it's true .. not a bad seat in the house. Easy to get to by public transportation; lots of parking and good restaurants nearby.

Any other questions, please post. Looks like there are lots of Londoners who will answer you!

cygnus

Rinkside
It looks to me like the Labatt centre is right downtown- lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. It looks to me like the closest hotels are the Hilton, the London Delta Armouries, the Executive Suites, the Park Lane and the Villager Premier London. All are within walking distance, according to my map. I already booked at the Delta- I have learned that the cheaper rooms at the nicer hotels sell out very quickly, so I don't waste time. You do have to phone the hotel, though- you can't book more than a year ahead over the net.

Last edited:

Antilles

Medalist
I live in London, and am very excited. Cygnus, you will be very happy with the Delta. it's a great hotel. The Hilton is quite nice too. Yes, it is in the heart of downtown. If anyone is coming by public transportation, it's about two block from the bus station, and three from the train. The JLC is new and fabulous.