Bobrova-Soloviev FD | Golden Skate

Bobrova-Soloviev FD

FSGMT

Record Breaker
There are many opinions about their new program, so discuss here! :biggrin:
The first time I watched it, it looked weird.
The second time, I liked it.
The third, I LOVED it.
Right now, it's my favourite FD this season so far! :laugh:

Macassar88

Medalist
I basically had the same reaction. I do think it needs some work, but it has such potential to be their breakout dance!

I think Zhulin coached them to masquerade their weaknesses as much as possible, and show off their strengths as much as possible in this program. I see a little blobs here and there in polka pattern, but in FD they were brilliant. Only if I/K had programs as good as theirs.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I love it! But i hate the music editing! Moricone and Puccini????!!!!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I came to Skate America preparing myself to hate it -- Tosca and death -- sounded OTT to me.

I came away liking it a lot. Definitely dramatic, but not too OTT. What helps is that the costumes were quite simple, so I think think you could focus on the dance instead of how weird their outfits were.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I've seen it twice. I thought it was weird both times. They seem to be fascinated with the morbid ever since the 2010 Delilah SD.

babayaga

On the Ice
I loved it from the first sight :) I always thought that Bobrova/Soloviev were very good skaters and a strong team but their programs and outfits kept getting worse. What they become this season looks like a miracle to me. It also seems that they themselves like what they skate now, they just look happier and more relaxed overall. I think they took a risk with this program but it looks like it was worth it.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
I'm not much into dance (at least, yet), but since I saw them on those "test skate" performances here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDOA-oBstWg, I really liked it. It has that typical Russian drama, but it's not overwhelming, so it's easier to enjoy it.

I think Zhulin coached them to masquerade their weaknesses as much as possible, and show off their strengths as much as possible in this program.
Well, that's what a coach should do :)
A lot of people say that changing to Zhulin was very good decision. I can't really speak with much authority, but probably they are right.