To Be...Or Not To be.....a Princess | Page 2 | Golden Skate

To Be...Or Not To be.....a Princess

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
SP is cute and quirky, very much like her personality. LP still hasn't won me yet except for the opening jump combinations in terms of style. Looks to me that Scott, Alex, and Gracie are still looking for what is going to work for her in a LP sense of style. Of course, when I've seen it it's been work in progress from a program standpoint and I haven't seen it since SLC.

I've not been totally sold on the long programs that Scott Brown has put together for her but I also don't want her putting on some veneer of something that she isn't like Carlo transforming Dorothy (the main thing he did with her was make her wear her glasses when she patched so she could actually SEE her tracings...:)). I don't think Gracie would really thrive in Mr. Nicks' environment from a personal well-being standpoint. She's best off training in Illinois surrounded by her very well grounded family where she's happy and well adjusted and her mom can help keep the pressure and stupidness away.

Getting choreography somewhere else and letting Scott tweak it once the initial program is set? Yeah, I could see that...Philip Mills has been here before choreographing a number of programs for a couple coaches skaters, she could have Rohene do one or go to Detroit to Pasquale or Marina if she really wanted, but let's let her setting into Senior Ladies in her comfort zone first!

Also doesn't she work with Oleg Epstein, who is currently doing work with Marina in Canton? Gracie also was in Canton this summer working on choreography, skating skills and such, so I think her team knows to export to other experts when needed.

Also let's not forget that her sister Carly Gold also skates...While Gracie is better, I think part of her success is attributed to the support she gets from her sister...

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yes, she spent some time with either Marina or Paquale this summer working on SS. Oleg does some work with her as well, but Scott B is still her choreographer of record and we've still seen him around working on the programs with her.

Carly is part of the "very well grounded family" I alluded to that helps her keep things in perspective. And just don't forget, Carley is no slouch either - she just qualified for Mids as a Senior Lady last week (and would have done so even if Gracie had partaken in the event).