With a name that says it all, (Gracie Gold) tackles expectations [USA Today] | Golden Skate

With a name that says it all, (Gracie Gold) tackles expectations [USA Today]

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
With a name that says it all, (Gracie Gold) tackles expectations [USA Today]

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2012/10/24/gracie-gold-skate-canada-debut/1654479/

"There is always the next big thing, the next big skater," Gold said. "Everyone saying, 'She'll bring back women's skating. This will be the one to watch at the Olympics.' And they say things that are so far away but really you have to bring it back in and look at the next competition, the next day, what you want to accomplish because if you get too far ahead of yourself you can trip yourself up."

Also more about that family structure mskater93 talked about:

Like the parents of many twins, Denise and Carl Gold created an environment for the girls to develop their own identities. They put their daughters in different classrooms and signed them up for different skating coaches and different sports when they were young. "But they're just drawn to each other," Denise Gold said. "I don't think either would be where they are without each other. They are best friends."

What a nice article. Gracie sounds very appealing, and I hope she's able to enjoy the challenges of the season.

Another set of twin skaters, like the Czisny ladies. Interesting factoid!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie sounds very mature for someone who only a couple months ago just turned 17.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I have twin daughters, so I'm very interested in Gracie & Carly. I thought Gracie's tweets in support of Carly's performance at Regionals were so sweet! They seem so close, and I wish them both the best this season. I hope Gracie will do well on the Grand Prix, and I hope Carly will make it to Nationals so they can enjoy the experience together. Go Gold Sisters! :)