Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who is going?

Custom Title
    hi waterblades, I'm going for all competitions. I have upper bow tickets ranging from row B to E. Do you know how far away that would be from the ice? my tickets are mostly in section 302, with a couple 314 and one 313, 306. I'm wondering if I should take my binoculars with me. In addition, which peaking lot is recommended if we can't get a parking pass? Thanks a lot. we stay near white oak mall.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel Rose View Post
    I was surfing online and saw that there are still tour packages being offered that include hotels, which would seem to mean that there are still hotel rooms that are unbooked in London.
    Well, presumably these tour packages would have reserved the rooms already for the package. I can give you this advice though. If you do use any website to "book a room" other than the hotel chain website, verify that you actually have a room by calling the hotel, maybe the day after. I booked on a discount website once and when I arrived at the hotel found out there was no room there or ANYWHERE. Not a situation you want to be in.

Wish I had known Worlds was going to be so close to me. Darn it. Doubt I could have afforded it though.

That is excellent advice and I have seen things like that happen before.....Another bit of advice is if you book a flight far in advance, watch the website for any changes as to times, flight numbers, etc. and document them. I have a technique where I book flights way in advance, knowing they will be changed two or maybe even three times....then, as time gets near to the flight, I can make changes without a change fee cause they have changed my plans so much. Happened to me on my flight to London comming up, actually. They made two minor changes over 9 months and when I went to come home a day early and make that change, the computer automatically gave me a free change. I have done this three times now. BTW, if you change to a more expensive flight, you are still liable for that difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Well, presumably these tour packages would have reserved the rooms already for the package. I can give you this advice though. If you do use any website to "book a room" other than the hotel chain website, verify that you actually have a room by calling the hotel, maybe the day after. I booked on a discount website once and when I arrived at the hotel found out there was no room there or ANYWHERE. Not a situation you want to be in.

Wish I had known Worlds was going to be so close to me. Darn it. Doubt I could have afforded it though.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    hi waterblades, I'm going for all competitions. I have upper bow tickets ranging from row B to E. Do you know how far away that would be from the ice? my tickets are mostly in section 302, with a couple 314 and one 313, 306. I'm wondering if I should take my binoculars with me. In addition, which peaking lot is recommended if we can't get a parking pass? Thanks a lot. we stay near white oak mall.
    You will be able to see really well, but bring your bincoulars.

The arena holds 9050 sepecataors so it is a nice cozy areana, it should be fairly warm since it is a full house, also there are lots of ladies bathrooms, they put in more then the the buliding code requires, there are still lines but not too long.

I am trying to find a good parking map to send you, parking will most likey cost between 10 -15 a day.

This is the link I gound, but i am sure there is a better map. Covent Market Lane is where the arena is. Since you are going to come down Wellington I would park at the york and wellington lot, across from the convention centre. Or turn right and park in the Mall which is kiddy corner to the lot i mentioned.

The lot right at the arean will be closed. There is underground parking at the market but I doubt there will be much left. There is also a nice big one on Queen and Talbot, which is the one I would expect skate canada to get for the parking passes, if we ever hear anything.

http://webmap.london.ca/mapclient/ma...ider=SVC&K10=0

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by waterblades View Post
    You will be able to see really well, but bring your bincoulars.

The arena holds 9050 sepecataors so it is a nice cozy areana, it should be fairly warm since it is a full house, also there are lots of ladies bathrooms, they put in more then the the buliding code requires, there are still lines but not too long.

I am trying to find a good parking map to send you, parking will most likey cost between 10 -15 a day.

This is the link I gound, but i am sure there is a better map. Covent Market Lane is where the arena is. Since you are going to come down Wellington I would park at the york and wellington lot, across from the convention centre. Or turn right and park in the Mall which is kiddy corner to the lot i mentioned.

The lot right at the arean will be closed. There is underground parking at the market but I doubt there will be much left. There is also a nice big one on Queen and Talbot, which is the one I would expect skate canada to get for the parking passes, if we ever hear anything.

http://webmap.london.ca/mapclient/ma...ider=SVC&K10=0
    Thank you very much waterblades! greatly appreciated!

Rinkside
    A big thank you to all those who gave advice about getting a London hotel. Figure skating fans are such a helpful bunch

Custom Title
    This may sounds really stupid, but is it possible to throw stuffed animal to the rink from the front rows of upper bow?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    This may sounds really stupid, but is it possible to throw stuffed animal to the rink from the front rows of upper bow?
    With a good arm you can do it for sure. They do a teddy bear toss at hockey games and pretty much everyone throws a bear.

Custom Title
    With a good arm you can do it for sure. They do a teddy bear toss at hockey games and pretty much everyone throws a bear.
    Thank you, waterblades! Then I'll give it a shot!

On the Ice
    I am another Londoner going ! Getting so excited !!!

On the Ice
    It seems like I'm going too, fingers crossed!

I'm flying from Italy and I won't have a car to move around. Could any local please help me figuring out how to get from Western Fair Sports Centre to Budweiser Grdns by public transportation, and how long would that take? Also, any idea how much a cab fare would be?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    It seems like I'm going too, fingers crossed!

I'm flying from Italy and I won't have a car to move around. Could any local please help me figuring out how to get from Western Fair Sports Centre to Budweiser Grdns by public transportation, and how long would that take? Also, any idea how much a cab fare would be?
    Here are the buses you could take. But the best one is the 22 trafalga becuase it is nice and close the the Western Fair. you can get on it on Florance st, just look for the blue bus stop sign, it is about a 10-15min ride. You would get off at dundas and talbot, which is where Budwiser gardens is. THe bus only runs until 7:30pm, after that you would have to walk over to Dundas St. A cab would be around $10.

There will be lots of tourism london staff at both arean's to help. They are adding extra buses to the routes for hotels and the areana.

Here is the direct phone number to the LTC 1-519-451-1340 hours are 8am to 8pm

http://www.ltconline.ca/htmlscheds/22ltc.htm

2 Dundas
    22 Trafalga

I would personal

On the Ice
    Here are the buses you could take. But the best one is the 22 trafalga becuase it is nice and close the the Western Fair. you can get on it on Florance st, just look for the blue bus stop sign, it is about a 10-15min ride. You would get off at dundas and talbot, which is where Budwiser gardens is. THe bus only runs until 7:30pm, after that you would have to walk over to Dundas St. A cab would be around $10.

There will be lots of tourism london staff at both arean's to help. They are adding extra buses to the routes for hotels and the areana.

Here is the direct phone number to the LTC 1-519-451-1340 hours are 8am to 8pm

http://www.ltconline.ca/htmlscheds/22ltc.htm

2 Dundas
    22 Trafalga

I would personal
    Thank you very much, that is very helpful!

As for the extra buses, unfortunately I am not staying in any of the main hotels, but in a small B&B on St George St and Victoria St.
    Hopefully that's on the route for one of the main hotels!

Rinkside
    Tourism London has bus passes available for the week. Check at your hotel or with Tourism London when you arrive.

Custom Title
    I can't believe it's so close!
    My friend and I will be going Wed. to Fri. for pairs short, dance short and mens long.
    Wed. - pairs - sec. 311, row C, end seats
    Thurs. - dance short - sec. 312, rowE, end seats
    Fri. - mens free - sec. 111, row Q, 4 and 5
    Once I get seated, I won't be able to toodle around and meet anyone but I'd love it if some of you were to come and say hello if you're near enough (ilvskating, I think you are). I'm a middle-aged womanwith red glasses and a cane (or walker).
    Sorry if I have misinformed on the parking/ride passes. Check the other parking thread.
    And for diabetics, I always carry lifesavers and granola bars in my purse! Find me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast