Good recipe search | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Good recipe search

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that's a good idea Olympia...

dad won out - our protein is chicken (since there are chicken type birds in the film) and it's a "cheesey chicken and veggie chowder". found the recipe and it looks good and uses a lot of "Bambi-esque" veggies. I'll also have roasted stuffed red potatoes, because I can.

That chowder looks good! And the angel food cakes do look like mushrooms and thus work beautifully with the theme. Bambi would be proud of you.

Cinderella...yipes. Well, pumpkin has to be featured in there somewhere. Keep in mind that it isn't just a sweet food. You could, for example, make pumpkin soup. And rice, for the wedding? I know, I know...I'm reaching a bit. Nothing related to glass or shoes comes to mind...yet.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah... pumpkin can't be featured too much, that is one of 3 foods my dad will NOT eat... so it'll be a dessert, that's just how it goes...

I can either go breakfast (she has a scene that she makes breakfast for her stepfamily) or I can go dinner and follow the menu at "cinderella's royal table" in WDW... kinda leaning towards dinner just because there's less chance of us having to deal with a lot of gluten substitutes...

No pumpkin? Alas. Can you use some other orange food and pretend? Carrots? Sweet potato?

You can always just say you're making a repast that would be served at the palace. You can also bake pumpkin-shaped cookies--they won't taste like pumpkin, after all, and all you need is a round shape and a stem. Maybe orange icing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Bread & water? Because Cinderella doesn't eat at the ball, and I'm sure her nasty stepmother didn't spend much feeding her :laugh:

Definitely pumpkin, though.

There's pumpkin bread or muffins, that are very tasty; serve with cream cheese. Since they're a side dish, those that don't like pumpkin can just avoid them!

BTW the angel cake mushrooms are awesome!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah dads the only anti pumpkin guy in the house.

Not sure bread and water is a good idea for dinner lol but its creative!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Cheese for the mice? Sunflower & pumpkin seeds for the birds?

I assume fairy godmothers don't require food, although she's plump enough that it does make you wonder.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I assume fairy godmothers don't require food, although she's plump enough that it does make you wonder.

Well the three good fairies eat in Sleeping Beauty, so I assume fairies do still need to eat. Maybe I could make edible glitter and sprinkle it on stuff...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That sounds like a good idea!

Come to think of it, cupcakes are called "fairy cakes" in the UK...

With glitter, they really would look like fairy cakes..

They would! And very pretty, too.

Star-shaped foods might add to the magical quality. They wouldn't have to be just dessert foods like cookies. They could be things like fish cakes or slices of potato.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok so we were at the mercy of grocery prices and availability this week... so I am cooking a prime rib at the moment... I will do a full blog post in the next few days, but I just had to share lol... it smells amazing right now... can't wait to dig in! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Our oven wasnt keeping temp so it took longer but it was sooooooo good!

I gave up meat this year, but if I resumed, it would be for one of two things, prime rib or roast duck. Even without eating prime rib, I'd feast on the aroma alone. What a wonderful food for a family banquet. Good going, Toni!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just realized I forgot to post about my prime rib on my blog... oops! but I did post about Thursday night's awesome meal! Gah, now I want it all over again.

Next week is Mexican, Taco Salad for the meal... but can't figure out what I want to do for dessert...