Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Practices

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Gee..I'm still recovering from Carmen..I'm so enamored with the look of this , I can hardly stand it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Gee..I'm still recovering from Carmen..I'm so enamored with the look of this , I can hardly stand it.
    I hope you will survive the real performance!

It just goes to show the great ones can take an oft used music and make it theirs in a powerful and magnificent manner.

Pairs is coming up soon! I hope Savchenko and Szolkowy come!

Aliona and Robin are here!!!

Custom Title
    V/M's Carmen looks stunning. Finally a program which shows them at their best. Love,love,love it

Aliona and Robin did Bolero without any elements. Not sure what to think of it.

Custom Title
    After watching both practice of ladies, I think Gold and Osmond both look very strong. These two will probably medal if they don't bomb. Shelepen skated better than I expected. Maybe she and her new coach just needed time for adaptation, but both were criticized cruelly. I think she may surprise us. Liza has grown up really. She gain weight I suppose. And she looked so tired, didn't catch any smile from her dead-looking face. I hope she is ok. Makarova looks better than last season. Japanese ladies didn't look so strong. Especially Akiko wasn't that I expected. But these were just practice of course. Overall, I can say that this is going to be a stronger competition than SA.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Aliona and Robin did Bolero without any elements. Not sure what to think of it.
    I don't love the music. But it's hard to judge the program since we didn't see any elements. It will have another impact with their costumes and jumps. And if it doesn't work, they can change the program by the next GP it wouldn't be a first

Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    After watching both practice of ladies, I think Gold and Osmond both look very strong. These two will probably medal if they don't bomb. Shelepen skated better than I expected. Maybe she and her new coach just needed time for adaptation, but both were criticized cruelly. I think she may surprise us. Liza has grown up really. She gain weight I suppose. And she looked so tired, didn't catch any smile from her dead-looking face. I hope she is ok. Makarova looks better than last season. Japanese ladies didn't look so strong. Especially Akiko wasn't that I expected. But these were just practice of course. Overall, I can say that this is going to be a stronger competition than SA.
    Which is going to be amazing, because Skate America was pretty good, with 7 out of 10 scoring 100+ in the FS, compared to just 2 out of 10 the year before....looking forward to hearing how all these ladies do!

Custom Title
    I was thinking the same thing Mrs. P! I couldn't believe how strong the performances from the ladies were at SKAM. Especially considering how lackluster the ladies have been in recent years. If Skate Canada is going to be even better we're in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Mrs. P! I couldn't believe how strong the performances from the ladies were at SKAM. Especially considering how lackluster the ladies have been in recent years. If Skate Canada is going to be even better we're in for a treat.
    And I also think I'm going to lose major points in the predictions game.

Banned
    Ladies field especially looks to be competitive, can't wait

from those practices videos alone I can see
    Gold, Osmond and Liza on possible podium
    alt: Shelepen

Yes, watching these practices I think that all the Ladies here (except, maybe, Lacoste) could score 100+, and it's just the beginning of the season... We knew that this was going to be an INCREDIBLE season for the Ladies!

Custom Title
    I am joining everyone who loved V/M Carmen. I've been waiting for them to do something like this ever since they became the Olympic champions, but all of their programs since have been disappointing to me. Finally they have a program worthy of their status. Now I have two favorite dances this year - Bobrova/Soloviev and Virtue/Moir

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    skatefiguring..I've been saving some wine to fortify my self for the FD ..now I think I may need something stronger. I was one who was not fond of FF , although I appreciated the way they skated it . It's like the FD Fairy suddenly appeared and said "Very well, my dear . You shall have your heart's desire !"
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 10-25-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast