Practices | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Practices

skatingfan04

Final Flight
skatefiguring..I've been saving some wine to fortify my self for the FD ..now I think I may need something stronger. I was one who was not fond of FF , although I appreciated the way they skated it . It's like the FD Fairy suddenly appeared and said "Very well, my dear . You shall have it !"

:biggrin: This one just seems to reach out and grab you, doesn't it? I shared your sentiments on Funny Face (we discussed this at length throughout the season, I recall:)), but this is the kind of thing that I really love from them. They have such fantastic chemistry and storytelling ability, why not use it? This makes me think of Farrucas:popcorn:.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
V/M's Carmen is quite impressive indeed. What a treat to have two great programs from the top two this season. I have a feeling it will come down to levels once again...

Tigger

Final Flight
V&M's Carmen is amazing and we haven't even seen the entire thing yet either. Just a tease, but what a tease!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oda looked good in both programs. Patrick did a full LP run through, fell twice but the skating and the program were captivating.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've watched skating long enough to know that you can never tell how someone will skate just from practice. Even when warming up i've seen skates struggle and fall then just a couple minutes later they have the performance of their life. You never can tell how someone will handle the pressure.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I've watched skating long enough to know that you can never tell how someone will skate just from practice. Even when warming up i've seen skates struggle and fall then just a couple minutes later they have the performance of their life. You never can tell how someone will handle the pressure.

At this time of the season, it's about seeing the new choreo and the general conditions the skaters are in.

We also know there are practice skaters and there are competitive skaters.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not as sold on the program from this practice of V/M's as everyone else seems to be... granted they just did highlights - and that rotational lift is impressive - but all I'm noticing is a lot of head grabs and hugs... not seeing anything terribly original about that...

we'll see come Free Dance time... but so far I'm disappointed in both of Marina's top teams.

emma

Record Breaker
thanks so much for all the reports and videos! Amazing skating going on...so exciting!

I'm not as sold on the program from this practice of V/M's as everyone else seems to be... granted they just did highlights - and that rotational lift is impressive - but all I'm noticing is a lot of head grabs and hugs... not seeing anything terribly original about that...

we'll see come Free Dance time... but so far I'm disappointed in both of Marina's top teams.

I have the same misgivings. With Davis and White I thought they needed more dance, less "connection" (especially compared to Fledermaus which was all dance, all the time.:) )

Virtue and Moir nailed it as far as the music choice, though. Why would anyone ever skate to something that was not Carmen, the greatest skating music of all time? :yes:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have the same misgivings. With Davis and White I thought they needed more dance, less "connection" (especially compared to Fledermaus which was all dance, all the time.:) )

for me D/W didn't have a cohesive enough program... it's like Marina strung her thoughts along and it was just moving from thought to thought...

I haven't seen all of V/M's program, obviously, but I'm not too convinced it's not more of the same... we'll see...

tulosai

Record Breaker
for me D/W didn't have a cohesive enough program... it's like Marina strung her thoughts along and it was just moving from thought to thought...

I haven't seen all of V/M's program, obviously, but I'm not too convinced it's not more of the same... we'll see...

I also didn't love it. Tessa literally grabbed his *** at one point and he groped her upper thigh twice (I don't mean in a lift or similar). To me, it was a bit much. My instinct is I do like it better than the D/W freedance, but of course, I am witholding judgment till I see the whole thing.

emma

Record Breaker
D/W's FD last year was truly amazing...after worlds, I was really torn but then rewatched their program, and then rewatched several versions of it and was like, wow, that was amazing. I'm not sold on D/W's program yet this year, but admire their "level" or ability which is amazing.

I'm waiting to see the full Carmen to really comment - the parts I have seen grab me...but admittedly, partly because they are so, well, explicit and partly because Tessa and Scott just have this way of commanding attention. Can't wait to see the full production and to read everyone's commentary. And for Tonichelle - I'm not sure, but it seemed like 'head grabs' wasn't, well, the grabbing I saw and while again I admit I was sort of knocked over in a good way by it (like, I smiled and said, OMG...wow...with a California 1980s accent just for fun); but I can't help but wonder if others will feel it is too explicit and not only that, but not creative as a result (so I'm talking about what I saw as the crotch grabs)...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I also didn't love it. Tessa literally grabbed his *** at one point and he groped her upper thigh twice (I don't mean in a lift or similar). To me, it was a bit much. My instinct is I do like it better than the D/W freedance, but of course, I am witholding judgment till I see the whole thing.

I'm refraining from watching it, but I'm gonna point out that Carmen is a really vibrant piece and subtle is generally not the way to go.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
D/W's FD last year was truly amazing...after worlds, I was really torn but then rewatched their program, and then rewatched several versions of it and was like, wow, that was amazing. I'm not sold on D/W's program yet this year, but admire their "level" or ability which is amazing.

I'm waiting to see the full Carmen to really comment - the parts I have seen grab me...but admittedly, partly because they are so, well, explicit and partly because Tessa and Scott just have this way of commanding attention. Can't wait to see the full production and to read everyone's commentary. And for Tonichelle - I'm not sure, but it seemed like 'head grabs' wasn't, well, the grabbing I saw and while again I admit I was sort of knocked over in a good way by it (like, I smiled and said, OMG...wow...with a California 1980s accent just for fun); but I can't help but wonder if others will feel it is too explicit and not only that, but not creative as a result (so I'm talking about what I saw as the crotch grabs)...

when she wasn't grabbing at his crotch (or putting hers in his face) she was grabbing his head... and a couple of times grabbed her own... it was excessive :laugh: