sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Makarova looks so skinny now, not helping her jumps though
shelepen constantly doing 3lz-3lo

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Makarova looks so skinny now, not helping her jumps though
shelepen constantly doing 3lz-3lo

And nice ones! Better looking than Sotnikova's when she was a junior! I hope she lands that combo in the competition.
I missed Liza, how did she skate? I saw a 3Lz-3T after the program but I don't know if it was rotated

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And nice ones! Better looking than Sotnikova's when she was a junior! I hope she lands that combo in the competition.
I missed Liza, how did she skate? I saw a 3Lz-3T after the program but I don't know if it was rotated

not sure if it was fully rotated couln'tsee clearly, I think she just arrived to the rink, her hair looked so messy, jumps were good except on that 2A she fell

Macassar88

Medalist
The lady who is skating to Rhapsody in Blue does not have any giraffe spots. I'm quite disappointed in her.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Gee..I'm still recovering from Carmen..I'm so enamored with the look of this , I can hardly stand it.

I hope you will survive the real performance!

It just goes to show the great ones can take an oft used music and make it theirs in a powerful and magnificent manner.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
V/M's Carmen looks stunning. Finally a program which shows them at their best. Love,love,love it:rock:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
After watching both practice of ladies, I think Gold and Osmond both look very strong. These two will probably medal if they don't bomb. Shelepen skated better than I expected. Maybe she and her new coach just needed time for adaptation, but both were criticized cruelly. I think she may surprise us. Liza has grown up really. She gain weight I suppose. And she looked so tired, didn't catch any smile from her dead-looking face. I hope she is ok. Makarova looks better than last season. Japanese ladies didn't look so strong. Especially Akiko wasn't that I expected. But these were just practice of course. Overall, I can say that this is going to be a stronger competition than SA.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Aliona and Robin did Bolero without any elements. Not sure what to think of it.

I don't love the music. But it's hard to judge the program since we didn't see any elements. It will have another impact with their costumes and jumps. And if it doesn't work, they can change the program by the next GP :biggrin: it wouldn't be a first

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
After watching both practice of ladies, I think Gold and Osmond both look very strong. These two will probably medal if they don't bomb. Shelepen skated better than I expected. Maybe she and her new coach just needed time for adaptation, but both were criticized cruelly. I think she may surprise us. Liza has grown up really. She gain weight I suppose. And she looked so tired, didn't catch any smile from her dead-looking face. I hope she is ok. Makarova looks better than last season. Japanese ladies didn't look so strong. Especially Akiko wasn't that I expected. But these were just practice of course. Overall, I can say that this is going to be a stronger competition than SA.

Which is going to be amazing, because Skate America was pretty good, with 7 out of 10 scoring 100+ in the FS, compared to just 2 out of 10 the year before....looking forward to hearing how all these ladies do!

samson

Medalist
I was thinking the same thing Mrs. P! I couldn't believe how strong the performances from the ladies were at SKAM. Especially considering how lackluster the ladies have been in recent years. If Skate Canada is going to be even better we're in for a treat.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was thinking the same thing Mrs. P! I couldn't believe how strong the performances from the ladies were at SKAM. Especially considering how lackluster the ladies have been in recent years. If Skate Canada is going to be even better we're in for a treat.

And I also think I'm going to lose major points in the predictions game. ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ladies field especially looks to be competitive, can't wait :)

from those practices videos alone I can see
Gold, Osmond and Liza on possible podium
alt: Shelepen

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, watching these practices I think that all the Ladies here (except, maybe, Lacoste) could score 100+, and it's just the beginning of the season... We knew that this was going to be an INCREDIBLE season for the Ladies!

babayaga

On the Ice
I am joining everyone who loved V/M Carmen. I've been waiting for them to do something like this ever since they became the Olympic champions, but all of their programs since have been disappointing to me. Finally they have a program worthy of their status. Now I have two favorite dances this year - Bobrova/Soloviev and Virtue/Moir :)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
skatefiguring..I've been saving some wine to fortify my self for the FD ..now I think I may need something stronger. I was one who was not fond of FF , although I appreciated the way they skated it . It's like the FD Fairy suddenly appeared and said "Very well, my dear . You shall have your heart's desire !"

Last edited: