Practices | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practices

LauraV

On the Ice
Re Patrick's short: That looks like a potentially great program. Can't wait to see it in competition. I haven't always been the biggest Chan fan, but both his programs this year really appeal to me.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Anyone catch the dance practice? V/M just did their FD. WOW. First off, I adore the music cuts. God bless them for doing a completely instrumental version of Carmen. As for the choreo, it seems really intense, and they look super into it. Hard to judge when you only see bits and pieces, but the program looks like a winner to me.

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow Tessa and Scott were magnificent! Although I could watch either of them do crossovers all day and still be happy.

LauraV

On the Ice
Thanks, FSGMT! I have lurked here for a while and have enjoyed (and learned a lot) from the well informed discussions. And many thanks to roma for posting the you tube links.

Macassar88

Medalist
Also, I know that they're used to the cold in Canada, but why is Piper Gilles wearing a bathing suit for warmup?

Macassar88

Medalist
Also, *** Carron and Jones? Cotton Eye Joe is bad enough, but when you put in horses neighing, glass breaking and over-exaggerated punch noises, it's too much!

emdee

Final Flight
Piper is only a quasi Canadian or soon to be Canadian and she is too young to have hot flashes.....No idea - maybe her practice costume has gone to the wash!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Anyone catch the dance practice? V/M just did their FD. WOW. First off, I adore the music cuts. God bless them for doing a completely instrumental version of Carmen. As for the choreo, it seems really intense, and they look super into it. Hard to judge when you only see bits and pieces, but the program looks like a winner to me.

I too liked everything that I saw of Virtue/Moir -- including the instrumental music. :thumbsup:
My favorite moments:
- Mind-boggling rotational lift.
- Dramatic ending pose
- Cool spin that they did during group time after all the individual program runthroughs.​
BTW, V/M were not in costume. Simple solid-black practice outfits.
And in case anyone missed it yesterday, The Windsor Star had quotes from Moir that he is "100 per cent" and "not feeling any limitations."

[Gilles is a lovely young woman who would look good in almost anything, but her practice outfit today was not to my taste either.]

Last edited:

samson

Medalist
Looks like another great program for them. If there's a team that describes innovation in Ice Dance right now for me it's V/M. Some of those lifts are really unique. Was anyone else distracted by the percussion instruments in the score? I don't know if they need that through the adagio section for an ice dance rule or something, but it made the music really cheesy to me, and distracted from their skating. It is setting up to be another tight race between them and D/W!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Cute tweet from Kharis Ralph:

First practice completed :) Tessa and Scott's new FD is brilliant (not like I was gawping at them instead of skating ;P).