Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Practices

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    D/W's FD last year was truly amazing...after worlds, I was really torn but then rewatched their program, and then rewatched several versions of it and was like, wow, that was amazing. I'm not sold on D/W's program yet this year, but admire their "level" or ability which is amazing.

I'm waiting to see the full Carmen to really comment - the parts I have seen grab me...but admittedly, partly because they are so, well, explicit and partly because Tessa and Scott just have this way of commanding attention. Can't wait to see the full production and to read everyone's commentary. And for Tonichelle - I'm not sure, but it seemed like 'head grabs' wasn't, well, the grabbing I saw and while again I admit I was sort of knocked over in a good way by it (like, I smiled and said, OMG...wow...with a California 1980s accent just for fun); but I can't help but wonder if others will feel it is too explicit and not only that, but not creative as a result (so I'm talking about what I saw as the crotch grabs)...
    when she wasn't grabbing at his crotch (or putting hers in his face) she was grabbing his head... and a couple of times grabbed her own... it was excessive

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    I was not expecting this FD to have such a sexual vibe. Sensual? Yes. Sexual? Hmmm it works for them.
    Last edited by Dots; 10-26-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Custom Title
    I knew this was coming, lol.

Custom Title
    V&M are about as sexual as Taylor Swift. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    V&M are about as sexual as Taylor Swift. LOL
    +2

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Wow!!! What I can see is brilliant. Incredible choreo and commitment. I love the sexual/sensual vibe on them. They are slowly going through another metamorphis. Brilliant next step.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bellafurr View Post
    I knew this was coming, lol.
    I don't have words to respond to this, but...

Custom Title
    I kept thinking while I was watching V/M that it takes complete trust and closeness to do this. Not every ice dancer could do. The only part I've seen in their practice that I don't like was the lift ended with Tessa sitting on Scott's shoulders right at his face. It was ugly. The rest of them were quite heart-pounding to watch.

Custom Title
    wow!!! What i can see is brilliant. Incredible choreo and commitment. I love the sexual/sensual vibe on them. They are slowly going through another metamorphis. Brilliant next step.
    ita

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefancan View Post
    This sp is magnificently choreographed. His nuances and awareness of body line are incredible. Wow. Incredible.
    Agreed. His skating is simply magnificent--regal, beautiful, wonderful. If Yuzuru is the new prince, Patrick is still the rightful king. Love his skating.

Custom Title
    In case some haven't seen it yet, Virtue & Moir's SD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6U1Tu9J1R8&feature=plcp

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruin714 View Post
    In case some haven't seen it yet, Virtue & Moir's SD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6U1Tu9J1R8&feature=plcp
    Thank you!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Any Ross practice vids available?
    No, you might want to contact this youtube user, seems like he/she recorded the stuff but downloaded probably not all skaters. Who knows he/she might have Ross somewhere in his comp: www.youtube.com/user/diodio0013plus
    Also, some youtubes links are closed, at least in my country, Mura's for example, the same user downloaded them here: www.dailymotion.com/user/diodio0013/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    but all I'm noticing is a lot of head grabs and hugs... not seeing anything terribly original about that...
    The should put NSFW across the TV screen. Actually, some moments indeed look ugly, have no idea why was it necessary to have these cheap tricks. I didn't like them in V/T SP, I don't like them here either. Well, waiting to see the whole dance in costumes.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'll know better after Saturday , but I'm feeling this Carmen is exactly what I'd been hoping for. As I've said elsewhere, I'm a fan of the Petit ballet , and this is very much from the same mold ...but quite a bit less explicit , which is fine . ( There's no actual touching of the naughty bits , and I'm not asking for more )

The sexual aspect ( not just sensual ) is entirely apros pos for Carmen , all the more so because it's expressed in the skating ( not stopping and posing at center ice , as we've seen in several Morozov programs , e.g.)

I'm wondering if I'll find myself in a reverse situation from last year... My 2 favourite teams are 1.V/M and 2.D/W. Last year, I loved DF for D/W and struggled all season to like FF ( though I could see it was difficult and really well skated ..especially by the end of the season ).

This year ,leaving aside the "after" choreography (which I thoroughly disliked) I'm pretty neutral over D/W's Notre Dame ,though I really like some lifts and other elements ,and realize it will develop over the season . But I somehow wanted something more for them.

From the first partial glimpse of Carmen , I feel it can be a tour de force for V/M. We'll see what Saturday brings ... and what the judges have to say... ( I like both SDs )

I really like C/L's SD , but though Anna looked delectable in her red costume in practice today , I think their Carmen may suffer by comparison. ( unfairly so, because they're really not in the same league with V/M)

I also like both H/D's programs a lot. They had a kind of "off" FD practice, but if they skate well in competition , they're pretty darn flamenco.

C/J's SD is a bit of a disaster .. but I like their FD very much.

I don't think R/T were having a good practice , but I think their SD could work..I can hardly weigh in on the Godfather..I find it pretty mundane ( maybe because I'm so bored with the music ) I guess it will all come down to how they skate it...

ETA :Forgot Z/S..like both their programs and they seemed to be skating well . I like this team.

Both G/P and R/H seemed self assured and on their game..I have to say Kharis looked lovely in her practice Uni .. she's really in fighting trim , and it's a joy to see her looking so .. in command. I can't say I like the material for either team, so far..with the possible exception of R/H's SD , which is promising if skated well.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 10-26-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I also didn't love it. Tessa literally grabbed his *** at one point and he groped her upper thigh twice (I don't mean in a lift or similar). To me, it was a bit much. My instinct is I do like it better than the D/W freedance, but of course, I am witholding judgment till I see the whole thing.
    Why? It's the Carmen, full of passion!! I adore it!!! For me the best program of V/M ever !!!!
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-26-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast