Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Practices

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Exactly, Carmen is all about teh sex, so this stuff is Carmen-appropriate.

...and a bag of chips
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Exactly, Carmen is all about teh sex, so this stuff is Carmen-appropriate.
    Indeed. I've wanted V/M to amp up the sex for quite a while now, and Carmen is a legitimate vehicle for that.

Custom Title
    I better see some man-cleavage from Scott Moir! That's all I'm saying.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by all that View Post
    Indeed. I've wanted V/M to amp up the sex for quite a while now, and Carmen is a legitimate vehicle for that.
    Well, Carmen is about fierce sex. More grabbing, less caressing. It is the way to go.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Well, Carmen is about fierce sex. More grabbing, less caressing. It is the way to go.
    What is the rating of this dance? I thought Michael Jackson and Madonna were not for kids.

Anyway, I reserve the spot for jumping into the group of people who declared that this is the best Carmen on ice ever.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 10-26-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    I must be blind 'cause I didn't really see anything explicitly sexual. I guess I have to watch it again.

for me, now we have something to think about when we hear of Carmen, groping

Rinkside
    Are the practices still streaming live on Skatebuzz? It doesn't seem to work for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nemequittepas View Post
    Are the practices still streaming live on Skatebuzz? It doesn't seem to work for me.
    It is off air. Real competitions will start soon.

Rinkside
    It is off air. Real competitions will start soon.
    Oh, ok. Thanks! Just impatient here. Heh.

To me, many of these comments make little sense. Yes, Carmen includes sex but I wouldn't want to see it. It's like saying that if the Shibutanis are skating to Memoirs of a Geisha, they should be playing out a scene between a geisha and her customer. I'm sorry but I don't like Virtue putting her hand on his butt, nor her crotch in his face. I've seen the opera Carmen and the ballet Carmen and neither were overly sexual. The themes were there but Elena Obraztsova never smacked Placido Domingo's butt and neither did Svetlana Zakharova.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    To me, many of these comments make little sense. Yes, Carmen includes sex but I wouldn't want to see it. It's like saying that if the Shibutanis are skating to Memoirs of a Geisha, they should be playing out a scene between a geisha and her customer. I'm sorry but I don't like Virtue putting her hand on his butt, nor her crotch in his face. I've seen the opera Carmen and the ballet Carmen and neither were overly sexual. The themes were there but Elena Obraztsova never smacked Placido Domingo's butt and neither did Svetlana Zakharova.
    Maybe sex is not the right word. Passion, definitely.

Figure skating is not ballet or opera. Tessa and Scott are more delicious than Elena and Placido. Anyway, all their moves are well integrated into the choreo. It's not like they are gyrating in place.

Maybe sex is not the right word. Passion, definitely.

Figure skating is not ballet or opera. Tessa and Scott are more delicious than Elena and Placido. Anyway, all their moves are well integrated into the choreo. It's not like they are gyrating in place.
    It's just a matter of personal taste. I don't like it.

P.S. They are obviously more delicious than Placido or Elena but never more than Svetlana Zakharova. She's a goddess and yet I don't see crotch-grabbing from her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKNpitsz-v0

...and a bag of chips
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I think Roland Petit's Carmen is much more sexual than V/M's Carmen. Way more.

Quote Originally Posted by all that View Post
    I think Roland Petit's Carmen is much more sexual than V/M's Carmen. Way more.
    Never seen it. Can't judge. I only know that Alberto Alonso's is not.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast