Musings from Joe | Golden Skate

Musings from Joe

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm posting what Joe sends me to save time :)

From Joesitz:

I heard from a medical attendant at the Nationals that L&T had a nasty fall during practice. She went to clinic and not known what transpired. That evening they skated Compusory Dance and they were fine - in good shape, and walltzing beautifully. For the Original Dance, they came out for the warm up and looked excellent. However, when they came to skate in competition, she went to referee and said they were withdrawing. The crowd gave them an ovation and they left. Later when ABC interviewed, she explained it was an old injury. Peter was not there. Apparently he fled the arena. My take is that he just wanted to qualify for the Worlds. They would have. Very sad. They were head and shoulders above the field except for B&A. More on this if find out more.

Big hit was Rabinowitz and Mitchell. He picked her up and upside down and let her slide all too quickly to about 1/2 inch from the ice head first but sweeped her up and it was crowd roaring time.

Saw some practice. Ap looking not too good. Jenny very upbeat and excellent. Angela looking superb like she'lll win this. But keep you eye on Alisa Czisney. Aboslute stunning.

Joe

windspirit

On the Ice
Thank you, Paula. And thanks to Joe, of course. :)

As for Peter T., I'm not that surprised that he was nowhere to be found. I've heard he really wanted to qualify for Worlds, and in the pics I saw from the moments they're withdrawing, he didn't look like a happy camper. Oh well, that's life. I remember Plush (I think it was he...) saying that he couldn't skate in pairs (or dance), because he couldn't stand the responsibility to a partner; if he skates poorly, etc., he only hurts himself, no one else has to suffer because of that.

If Naomi doesn't come back (weren't they going to quit after that year anyway?), maybe Peter could skate with someone else.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the only "problem" with Peter getting a new partner is he'd have to retrain and it'd probably be extremely frustrating as they made themselves known... he probably wouldn't qualify for worlds right away and I could see where it'd cause a lot of friction/frustration.

Great to hear how well Angela's doing... This can be her year!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Tonichelle:

Maybe, Peter could team up with Shae-Lynn Bourne - of course, they would have to skate for Canada!!!!:laugh: