Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Alert: It starts Thursday 7/19

Custom Title

Project Runway Alert: It starts Thursday 7/19

There's a prequel where they show the auditions, and the main show is on at 9 P.M. Eastern time, on Lifetime. Is anyone else planning to watch?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Maybe not today, but definitely through the season!

The Tivo's recording both , but I'll probably just delete the Meet the Designers episode. I watched part of it and it wasn't or much interest.

I watched both & not seeing the Meet the Designers was a no brainer. I wasted an hour on it. I am very impressed by Ven's designs, color choices & apparently he is skilled at sewing techniques. Tho't he should have won.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I am very impressed by Ven's designs, color choices & apparently he is skilled at sewing techniques. Tho't he should have won.
    I like his designs too but I know that something will happen with him so I try not to get too excited.

Is Ven the one who had the top that looked like a red rose? I really liked his work, too.

However, I think Christopher won because of how he converted the fabric that Nina(?) called ugly into a beautiful dress. One of the guest judges (former Gilmore Girl) said that you couldn't really see the detail on the black dress on camera.

Of the 2 ladies in the bottom, I also thought they sent the wrong one home.

Custom Title
    I thought that dress with the ruffly fabric moved gorgeously when the model walked, and I wasn't disappointed that he won, though I liked Ven's outfits also.

Interesting that suddenly all the judges were complaining about black. Maybe that means that this year we'll see more colors. Good! I love colors. Although that one woman who designed very Parisian clothing all in black for her audition was pretty impressive. I hope that her inspiration doesn't desert her if she has to use, say, navy blue instead.

Do you think that Andrea quit because Christopher was so disappointed in their design and basically blamed her or why do you think she left??? I wasn't really impressed with what she did and she is supposed to be a fashion school instructor. Who is the other person that is supposedly leaving?? I thought Kooan just because he doesn't seem to enjoy the process. I don't understand what he thought he was going to be doing.

Here is a list of the designers.
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...n-10/designers

Looks like the 3rd 'quitter' was a red herring. I don't think Andrea quit because of Christopher. I think she just realized that she had the same competitive fire as the others. She may have just gone for a walk to think things through and decided to go home, instead of having to 'quit' in front of everyone else.

Whil Kooan was certainly unique, I would've been surprised if he had made it to the end.

Right now I like Christopher and I like Ven's work overall. Gunnar annoys me.

Custom Title
    I watched the episode. Andrea was a shock, because one would think that a mature person would have had another way of making such a decision. I wasn't so surprised about Kooan. He's one of those touchy-feely types who would feel very much out of place in such a driven atmosphere. One of the designers--was it Sonji?--said that her dream is to have a centrally located shop like the flagship store Michael Kors was showing off in that episode. Well, that's a business enterprise, not just a venue for creating fashion art. I can't imagine Kooan having a goal like that. He just wants to come up with his designs and make beautiful art. He wouldn't even see the point of half-killing himself for a win on this show. Business opportunities probably aren't even on his radar screen.

Christopher and Ven are wonderful. I was happy that Sonji won this time, though. Her dress was gorgeous. And was it Christopher who designed the dress with the jacket? That was awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Right now I like Christopher and I like Ven's work overall. Gunnar annoys me.
    I like Ven, Christopher, Dmitry and Sonjia's work right now.

Gunnar annoys me as well.

One of the things I was so shocked at was the material that Andrea & Christopher chose. I think it was some type of jersey. I do some sewing and while jersey is wonderful it is a total pain to work with. It almost has to be basted before ...otherwise it stretches and slips and slides and is just a pain. If Andrea was a teacher I think she should have known materials just a little better. I could see where it took her so much time to cut and sew it.

Custom Title
    I agree. Jersey can be lethal. It practically dances as you're cutting it.

Also, I though I know that this show is a high-stress pressure cooker, so it's hard to retain one's poise, someone with Andrea's experience should realize that if her partner has a meltdown in front of Heidi and the other judges, she shouldn't take it personally. But who knows how any of us would react under such circumstances. Golly, they should have a therapist on call backstage at that show!

Apparently Tim Gunn appeared on one of the night shows, and he said that a lot of the designers this season were taken by surprise at the extent of the pressure. He said he asked them if they'd ever seen the show, and one or two of them said, "Yes, but we thought you were exaggerating the time situation, and that we actually had a week to complete each project." Gunn said he had to explain that no, they get the assignment one morning, and next day they're displaying it on the runway to Heidi. Yipes--reality bites!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Apparently Tim Gunn appeared on one of the night shows, and he said that a lot of the designers this season were taken by surprise at the extent of the pressure. He said he asked them if they'd ever seen the show, and one or two of them said, "Yes, but we thought you were exaggerating the time situation, and that we actually had a week to complete each project." Gunn said he had to explain that no, they get the assignment one morning, and next day they're displaying it on the runway to Heidi. Yipes--reality bites!
    Well, that explains a lot. I guess it doesn't make sense to audition for a show you know nothing about. I agree about the therapist or you can handle things like Elena Slivnyak and just curse at everyone.

I got a kick out of Raoul telling Elena off. About time someone did.

Ven, I knew it , I knew something was going to come up about him....what a snob. Do you remember when Christian Syriano had a hard time with plus size too. The only thing I wonder is whether they have a hard time with plus size or the input from the client??? Tadashi Shoji designed Octavia Spencer's dress for the academy awards and as a plus size person she looked magnifiscent.

http://www.zimbio.com/Octavia+Spence...ess+Oscar+2012

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast