Thread: Project Runway All Stars - October 25, 2012

Hybrid View

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

Project Runway All Stars - October 25, 2012

Just wondered if anyone is watching?? I loved Team Confidents designs....especially Ivy's jacket. Andrae got on my nerves before and still is. Loved Mondo's outfit.

Your thoughts.

The designers

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...on-2/designers

Nice to see Mondo wearing big boy pants for a change. I liked Ivy's outfit the best too.

Custom Title
    Yes, I watched! I put a message at the bottom of the other Project Runway thread, silly person that I am. Thanks for starting this fresh thread! I'm so glad to see Ulli back, and Kayne, and many of the others. I always enjoyed Althea's work, and Andrae can be wonderful. Wendy Pepper, despite her rep as a vixen, is a designer whose work I actually like. I should probably blush when I admit that I liked Suede's scarf skirt, despite the fact that he was in the bottom three. And Ivy is wonderful. Hope she continues to do strong work and gets to remain.

Mondo is a find. Not only can the guy design, but he can explain beautifully. I hope he comes back on the show frequently. I wonder if he's back because the show got good audience feedback when he was a guest judge in the regular season. I sure hope so. For whatever reason, he's splendid, so articulate about what works. without being flashy about his statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Yes, I watched! I put a message at the bottom of the other Project Runway thread, silly person that I am. Thanks for starting this fresh thread! I'm so glad to see Ulli back, and Kayne, and many of the others. I always enjoyed Althea's work, and Andrae can be wonderful. Wendy Pepper, despite her rep as a vixen, is a designer whose work I actually like. I should probably blush when I admit that I liked Suede's scarf skirt, despite the fact that he was in the bottom three. And Ivy is wonderful. Hope she continues to do strong work and gets to remain.

Mondo is a find. Not only can the guy design, but he can explain beautifully. I hope he comes back on the show frequently. I wonder if he's back because the show got good audience feedback when he was a guest judge in the regular season. I sure hope so. For whatever reason, he's splendid, so articulate about what works. without being flashy about his statements.
    Mondo's always been a fan favorite, especially since he lost his 1st season to the witch, and then came back to win the 1st All-Stars. I'm sure his experience as a contributing editor has been helpful.

I wasn't surprised the Peach went home - she was definitely the least interesting.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Laura Kathleen finally got the boot. I didn't like her designs or how she put the other designers down as if all her designs were the best. I actually thought Uli should have won instead of Anthony Ryan but the judges like his design the best. I'm not sure that Josh should still be there.

Custom Title
    I'm with you in loving Ulli's dress best. The Twenties are one of my favorite eras, so I was especially eager to see these dresses. Ulli's had the drape that I always hope for with a Twenties inspiration, plus its texture was delectable. I actually thought Josh's dress this time around was very nice. I love its wrap silhouette; I think I've seen that style in books and costume exhibits.

I think Ulli has grown greatly since she first appeared on the show. Her dresses were always graceful, but they were variations on the same theme: caftan-like draped garments with a wonderful mastery of prints. Now she has a variety of silhouettes and creates a lot of diverse surface textures. I also enjoy her personality. She is certainly able to compete, but she doesn't seem to want to put anyone else down just to make herself look good. She behaves civilly to everyone without making a big production of it. She also seems to enjoy creating clothes that make women look good. Gee, what a concept!