Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway All Stars - October 25, 2012

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

Project Runway All Stars - October 25, 2012

Just wondered if anyone is watching?? I loved Team Confidents designs....especially Ivy's jacket. Andrae got on my nerves before and still is. Loved Mondo's outfit.

Your thoughts.

The designers

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...on-2/designers

Nice to see Mondo wearing big boy pants for a change. I liked Ivy's outfit the best too.

Custom Title
    Yes, I watched! I put a message at the bottom of the other Project Runway thread, silly person that I am. Thanks for starting this fresh thread! I'm so glad to see Ulli back, and Kayne, and many of the others. I always enjoyed Althea's work, and Andrae can be wonderful. Wendy Pepper, despite her rep as a vixen, is a designer whose work I actually like. I should probably blush when I admit that I liked Suede's scarf skirt, despite the fact that he was in the bottom three. And Ivy is wonderful. Hope she continues to do strong work and gets to remain.

Mondo is a find. Not only can the guy design, but he can explain beautifully. I hope he comes back on the show frequently. I wonder if he's back because the show got good audience feedback when he was a guest judge in the regular season. I sure hope so. For whatever reason, he's splendid, so articulate about what works. without being flashy about his statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Yes, I watched! I put a message at the bottom of the other Project Runway thread, silly person that I am. Thanks for starting this fresh thread! I'm so glad to see Ulli back, and Kayne, and many of the others. I always enjoyed Althea's work, and Andrae can be wonderful. Wendy Pepper, despite her rep as a vixen, is a designer whose work I actually like. I should probably blush when I admit that I liked Suede's scarf skirt, despite the fact that he was in the bottom three. And Ivy is wonderful. Hope she continues to do strong work and gets to remain.

Mondo is a find. Not only can the guy design, but he can explain beautifully. I hope he comes back on the show frequently. I wonder if he's back because the show got good audience feedback when he was a guest judge in the regular season. I sure hope so. For whatever reason, he's splendid, so articulate about what works. without being flashy about his statements.
    Mondo's always been a fan favorite, especially since he lost his 1st season to the witch, and then came back to win the 1st All-Stars. I'm sure his experience as a contributing editor has been helpful.

I wasn't surprised the Peach went home - she was definitely the least interesting.

Laura Kathleen finally got the boot. I didn't like her designs or how she put the other designers down as if all her designs were the best. I actually thought Uli should have won instead of Anthony Ryan but the judges like his design the best. I'm not sure that Josh should still be there.

Custom Title
    I'm with you in loving Ulli's dress best. The Twenties are one of my favorite eras, so I was especially eager to see these dresses. Ulli's had the drape that I always hope for with a Twenties inspiration, plus its texture was delectable. I actually thought Josh's dress this time around was very nice. I love its wrap silhouette; I think I've seen that style in books and costume exhibits.

I think Ulli has grown greatly since she first appeared on the show. Her dresses were always graceful, but they were variations on the same theme: caftan-like draped garments with a wonderful mastery of prints. Now she has a variety of silhouettes and creates a lot of diverse surface textures. I also enjoy her personality. She is certainly able to compete, but she doesn't seem to want to put anyone else down just to make herself look good. She behaves civilly to everyone without making a big production of it. She also seems to enjoy creating clothes that make women look good. Gee, what a concept!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I think Ulli has grown greatly since she first appeared on the show.
    I totally agree that Uli has grown...I love her style & design. Too bad Laura Kathleen didn't grow...she just got on my nerves soooooo.....much.

Custom Title
    Since Jeffrey won (he was unusually obnoxious as a contestant), I have tried to be Zen about the outcome of the competition. One just hopes that the really good designers who seem to be nice are able to use the publicity from the show to advance their careers and businesses. Someone who seems to treat women with respect, such as Rami Kashou, might derive longterm career benefits from a second-place or third-place finish if the stars align in his favor. Ulli is one of those. If I suddenly became a splendid actress and beautiful besides, I would be happy to have Ulli or Rami design me a dress for the red carpet. (I know. I should be so lucky. But it's fun to contemplate! Something in a deep rose, I think.)

I, too, am glad that the obnoxious Laura Kathleen was finally eliminated - I never thought of her as an All-Star either.

Ivy was totally shocked to be staying. While I'm sure Ivy is still somewhat snarky at times, I think she saw herself during her last season and realized that she had to tone herself down, which is a part of 'growing up'.

I think Uli didn't win her season because her collection was more ready-to-wear while Jeffrey's was 'high fashion'. I'm still bummed that Michael Knight had a brain fart during the final project and for his collection - I think he thought he had to do high-end, when his best work was in sportswear. The judges really wanted him in the finale, which is why they made it a final 4 that season.....

Custom Title
    I just loved Michael. He was smart, creative, and civil to the other designers. I disliked his final collection as you did--definitely the design part of his brain shut down--but his earlier garments were grand. The reversible dress he did for Robert Best's sister should have won that family designing round, I thought.

I also thought Michael should have won the unusual materials challenge. The winner made a dress out of curtains - he was the guy who got removed from the competition for having design books in his room. Michael made a really cute dress out of coffee filters.

Custom Title
    Oh, yeah, that coffee filter dress! It was magnificent.

Custom Title
    It's me again. They had a new episode tonight. Has anyone seen it?

I love that when one of the guys skyped with his boyfriend, Ivy skyped with Casanova. Apparently they've become friends.

I think Ulli has developed a magic touch. The dress she started making was a disaster, and by the time of the runway show, she had a gorgeous garment. How does she do it? She regretted using white fabric yet again, and she managed to make it interesting nonetheless. Look at the way she cut and draped it! And Anthony Ryan: what he did with that black-and-white fabric was fascinating from every angle. He's a masterful designer.

One of this week's guest stars was Stacy Kiebler. She's so appealing. I've liked her since her stint on Dancing with the Stars. Though she could come across merely as perky with that blonde cuteness, she always projects smarts and steadiness that balance her out. Next week's celebrity guest is Katie Holmes. I wonder how she'll come across.

I saw the episode and again I thought Uli should have won. I thought her dress could be worn by many sizes of women while Anthony Ryan may not...oh well. I thought Josh should have been eliminated based on the zipper...you don't know that you need a special zipper when using knits??? Ivy's dress was OK, not the greatest but not as bad a mistake as Josh's.

Just a question.... is Isaac Mizrahi in the same league as Georgina Chapman??

Elie Tahari was so inspirational. He came to the US with a dream...wow!!

Anthony Ryan's dress on Elie Thari's site.

http://www.elietahari.com/womens-des...project-runway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elie_Tahari
    Last edited by Dee4707; 12-30-2012 at 12:16 AM.

I was gearing up to be really mad if they sent Emilio home versus Anthony Ryan. I can't believe the dress Anthony Ryan made for his person. Some designers just can't design for a little larger person. I remember Christian Siriano had difficulties too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast