Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Project Runway All Stars - October 25, 2012

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I'm glad that Uli is in the final too. I think if Josh would stop being arrogant he might be a good designer. I think Uli was good before but now I think she is great. Josh reminds me a little of Laura Kathleen of being a little on the snarky side. He made a comment about Uli's dress being in pieces and so it should be easy to reconstruct it. Laura Kathleen & Josh seem like they know it all where Uli & Anthony Ryan look for new techniques.

Custom Title
    I looked up Anthony Ryan and found that he actually got a degree in fashion (a B.A.) and business administration from Louisiana State University. So his technique isn't self-taught. This kind of training can give a great deal of freedom, because a designer can make all sorts of creative leaps and know that his technical skills can get the job done. In a show like this, with such high-pressure challenges that have to be done in double-quick time, technical strength can be a huge advantage (though it certainly can't replace creativity!). This guy has a lot of potential whether he wins or not this time around.

The top 4 in Fan Favorite

1. Anthony Ryan (92369 votes)
    2. Andrae (52606 votes)
    3. Casanova (38846 votes)
    4. Uli (35169 votes)

and this is hard to understand but

5. Laura Kathleen (23680 votes)

Custom Title
    Really, Laura Kathleen ahead of people like Peach? Well, to each his own. Glad Anthony Ryan and Uli did so well, though.

I'm also shocked that Andrae is 2nd. I liked Casanova, I hope he gets it but I think Anthony Ryan will, I think he got it on his season. I don't remember how far he got but it seems like he was sent home right in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    The top 4 in Fan Favorite

1. Anthony Ryan (92369 votes)
    2. Andrae (52606 votes)
    3. Casanova (38846 votes)
    4. Uli (35169 votes)

and this is hard to understand but

5. Laura Kathleen (23680 votes)
    I agree, but then again it is a fan based contest and some contestants actively campaign for votes more than others, which skews the title IMHO. I was surprised by the fan fave of last season's Top Chef - Chris 'Malibu' Crary and it was alluded to that he actively campaigned for fan fave. If not for the nickname, he didn't particularly stand out and finished 9th out of 16. What made him 'favorite'? There were many other contestants who were as likeable if not more likeable than him.

My order for win

1. Uli
    2. Emillio
    3. Anthony R.

Actually any of the 3 would be OK. I'm excited to see their collections tonight. I was surprised to see the show is only an hour long.

Custom Title
    Yipes, just an hour? This is unbelievable. They get five days to show a collection.

I know what I'd do. Years ago I saw a video of a fashion show where a single model kept taking off layer after layer. Each layer was an entire look. All of them were graceful. (The outer look was surprisingly unbulky--kind of an Elizabethan silhouette.) Wouldn't that be fun to try?

I'm sorry that Uli is doing mostly white fabrics for her collection, but I'll trust her. In terms of team, I think that I feel most confident about Anthony Ryan and Kayne, who seem very compatible in terms of temperament, focus, and techniques.

Just a little surprised who won, not because I don't think they're good but I thought their collection was the weakest of the 3. The 2nd guest judge was getting a little on my nerves but other than that I'm Ok with who won, just not so impressed with the collection. When everyone had a chance to watch then I'll say more.

Custom Title
    I thought that young Miss Missoni was a bit arrogant, but in her defense (1) she's speaking not in her native tongue but in a second--or third, or fourth--language, and (2) she's part of a family that is fashion aristocracy and probably doesn't ever have to take anyone else's opinion into account. This is a moment to feel sorry for her in any case; I don't know all the family relationships, but that might be her father who was missing on the airplane in Venezuela or Brazil or wherever. (Remember that these shows were filmed awhile ago.) So I mind her attitude less than I thought I would. The other judge was great fun, wasn't she.

I'll also wait to say more until more people view the show. I agree with you about respecting the designer but not that collection. But all three of them really pulled it out of thin air, didn't they?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3