Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    She had a clean skate, but so did Zhang for example... Her skating was mediocre to be scored like that.
    Caroline skated and spinned like a snail. Her BV is almost 3 points lower than Kaetlyn's.

eta. Then also GOE reflected the difference in quality of executions, especially on jumps. Kaetlyn was more than just clean.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-26-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    She had a clean skate, but so did Zhang for example... Her skating was mediocre to be scored like that.
    Zhang had both easier jump content and had other problems that have been pointed out in this thread, such as lack of speed. Osmond has made visible improvements since last year, and some of the other skaters didn't perform up to their potential. What precisely was "mediocre" about Osmond's skating? That was a strong all-around performance.

Really, Canada has a strong reputation in the sport, but so do Japan, Russia and the United States. The only competitor who isn't from a powerhouse country in this sport is the current leader! How can you look at that and claim the the scoring was based on country reputation?

Custom Title

Custom Title
    I'm just checking in. Surprised about Gracie. I hope she can pick herself in the free.
    It's good that Caroline skated so well. I had read she was comming off some kind of injury.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post

Good for her! That was quite solid. She had good speed, good expression...

Hope she keeps up in the long..

WOW! Phenomenal!

I was watching her videos early this year and I saw so much potential!

I never expected her to be like this AMAZING in such a short time!

Stunning!

skating philosopher
    Just watched Elene's program. Beautiful. I think she was borderline on the UR on her combo..but otherwise--she should be proud!

Custom Title
    Only one judge gave a negative GOE on Elene's StSq where she lost her balance momentarily. On the whole the veteran skaters had better performances but today they had technical problems.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=Rachmaninoff;670415]

her performance was solid and strong and I liked her, I can even become a fan of hers in future, but she simply wouldn't get those scores as a newcomer...we'll see what she gets in the next Cup and Worlds. She was good, clean but not a WOW to earn over 60. Gracie and Liza were much better.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=gioccia;670440]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post

her performance was solid and strong and I liked her, I can even become a fan of hers in future, but she simply wouldn't get those scores as a newcomer...we'll see what she gets in the next Cup and Worlds. She was good, clean but not a WOW to earn over 60. Gracie and Liza were much better.
    +1 полностью согласна))completely agree

Custom Title
    Just watched Osmand and Elene - so nice to see them skate so well!!!! I also watched Akiko because I adore her - I think her program is cool, and I love the Kill Bill soundtrack, but the cuts are a bit off for me. I think she looks good, though, and love her hydroplane move, very nice!

So grateful to the video poster!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Okay, I'm trying to figure out what people are complaining about? That was fantabulous! Given the content, I think 60 is a fair score. I will admit the debut PCS of junior-turned-seniors tends to be significantly lower but I think, given what she put out, those scores were completely warranted. Tons of energy, spunk, fire...she didn't let the music overrun her...her jumps were great (especially that flip! great lift in the air), her spins were decent, I loved the choreography and Kaetlyn really performed the program. She brought it to life...

Congrats to her! Her LP is really nice as well and if she can perform it well she has a great shot at gold...

[QUOTE=gioccia;670440]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post

You are still not saying what precisely was not up to par. How were Gracie and Liza "much better"? They both had significant mistakes on their jumps, and had less energy and expression on this particular night. Katelyn showed attack, energy, personality as well as clean and effortless elements. The fact that she's a newcomer isn't supposed to matter as far as scoring goes; the fact that so far she hasn't accomplished as much as Liza or Gracie isn't supposed to matter. What matters is what the judges see there, in those 2.5 minutes or so. And those 2.5 minutes were pretty damn good.

And she has received strong scores outside of Canada. Didn't she just win Nebelhorn, topping Sotnikova? That wasn't on Canadian soil.

A score of 60 isn't that exceptional either. It's very good score, and it was deserved, but it's not exactly rare for ladies' singles SP scores to go higher than that. Several other skaters were capable of scoring higher; they just didn't tonight.

Custom Title
    I dont know what your watching but they were not better..

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Elene was lovely! I've always said if she ever got her mental game together she'd be in the medal hunt every time. I loved her flying sit spin and her footwork was gorgeous. Lots of feeling and emotion...I barely notice the little slip.

It'd be great to see her have a good LP. She usually does well in the SP and falls apart in the LP but I hope she's turned a corner this year. I loved her little dance before she got off the ice! So cute to see her so happy with her performance.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast