Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think Akiko's combo was 3T+3T<<, you could really see the big cheat in the landing... I think Gedevanishvili didn't hit some of the levels because her jumps looked clean but her TES is two points lower than Osmond's, the LSp and the StSq maybe...

icellist

On the Ice
I think I can safely say everyone's predictions in the ladies for Skate Canada might be very very off XD

Mao88

Record Breaker
Elene wins the SP!! Many congratulations to her. Hope she can hold it together in the FS

tulosai

Record Breaker
But she's ahead of Gracie....are you basing this on BV in the long?

That and the scores she got today. Everything looked well done to me and the judges did not reward her. Maybe she was slow in person or they were seeing something else I was not. with Gracie's two errors I did expect Zhang to score higher above her despite the lower BV. I'd be happy to be wrong though- I really like Caroline!

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
FS should be interesting. I got a feeling the splat feast will continure .... none of the ladies known to be consistent.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think I can safely say everyone's predictions in the ladies for Skate Canada might be very very off XD

I don't mind. I sort of expected this given the surprises at Skate America. And also I love Elene G. and can see how great Orser has been for her!

A good short, even with the mistakes with only 8 points between the leader and 9th place.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't mind. I sort of expected this given the surprises at Skate America. And also I love Elene G. and can see how great Orser has been for her!

A good short, even with the mistakes with only 8 points between the leader and 9th place.

I don't mind either :) It is great to see Elene skate this way!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Elene should have been higher...Oh, forgot - it's in Canada

To be fair she did get the highest TES and she's fifth in PCS...unless she got some extra GOE she wouldn've have received elsewhere...but I would have found that hard to believe.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie never gave herself a change with that skate. She needs to stop rushing. She's to good of a jumper to screw up like this.

DianaSelene

Medalist
On the protocols, Tuktamysheva got negative GOE on her 3 loop. However, it looked clean to me. Does anyone know why she got those scores?

wallylutz

Medalist
It turns out, Kanako's 3T was also noted as UR. Two mistakes on the jumps, one considered major - sanked her.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals are up: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/gpcan2012_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Elene: UR on the 3T in her combo, and some -GOE kept her TES down.
Kaetlyn: All positive GOE.
Ksenia: No points on the axel, but got positive GOE on everything else.
Kanako: UR on the 3T in combo + DG in 3F, both jumps got negative GOE
Akiko: DG on 3T-3T, edge call in lutz, major -GOE loss in both.
Elizaveta: -GOE for fall in 3T-3T, -GOE in 3Lo, Okay everywhere else.
Amelie: DG on 3F + -GOE, positive GOE everywhere else.
Caroline: Level 2 step sequence -GOE on 3F + 2A..Not much GOE on her other elements, even her spins!
Gracie: UR on 3F-3T combo, plus an edge call (ouch), level 1 combo spin and -GOE for the 2A fall.
Polina: UR on 3Z-3T combo, negative GOE on everything but spins and those did not receive many +GOE on those.

Boy tech panel was strict on URs and edge calls. We had three downgrades and four URs. Plus 3 edge calls.

emdee

Final Flight
Kaetlyn was a joy to watch. That efferversent personality was relayed in the program. Nice choreo that suits her.
Loved Elena too. She has evolved into a very elegant skater.