Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

Macassar88

Medalist
Aww - poor gracie - fall on 3F-3T and 2A
No rippon lutz
Issue with centering on her final spin as well

tulosai

Record Breaker
All Gold's jumps were or looked tilted on the stream. I'm amazed she landed as much as she did. Really she looked kind of out of control for parts of this. I wonder if she was nervous.

raress

On the Ice
She did 3T-3T 3F 2A but 27 on the components is to much...inflated for the canadians as always!:)

Macassar88

Medalist
All Gold's jumps were or looked tilted on the stream. I'm amazed she landed as much as she did. Really she looked kind of out of control for parts of this. I wonder if she was nervous.
Yeah - I'm assuming so - it's her first A level senior competition. Also, everyone has off days. Hopefully she can kick butt in the FS.

wallylutz

Medalist
Impressive skate by Osmond, I was very impressed by how detailed her choreography is at such young age. Her jumps were all preceded by difficult connecting steps / moves, which add to their complexity and GOE as well. Canada may have found its next queen on ice.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
poor Gracie :cry:, she'll bounce backn in LP, she is soo pretty !
Osmond got pretty huge score, she'll probably win here :biggrin:

wallylutz

Medalist
Gracie Gold looks really disappointed and wanted to leave K&C prematurely but stopped by her coach. She will recover I hope.

Caroline Zhang just squeaked out of her Double Axel with no speed in or out. She is landing her jumps but speed is missing from the Caroline I remember or the confidence for that matter.

Macassar88

Medalist
Caroline Zhang - good program for her, no falls or step outs, mule kick wasn't as evident on 3F (also did 3Lo2T and 2A)
Not her biggest fan, but nice not to see a splat fest

tulosai

Record Breaker
Caroline seems heavy, slow and her programm is far more easier...

I was going to say she seems much slower than the other two that have skated on the stream but she has such beautiful lines and pointed toes and the jumps were executed very well. I really enjoy watching her and am happy for her.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I'm so impressed with the to young girls! I can foresee Gold goes really far! and Canada finally has new hope in ladies:) Good for Zhang!