Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Caroline needs more speed if she hopes to ever reach the next level which i don't will happen.

wallylutz

Medalist
Caroline Zhang : 52.97 for a skate with all 3 jump elements landed says a lot. I was right, something was missing. This is not a good score for a skate with no obvious error.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Perhaps spin levels or underrotation for Caroline? Her TES seems sort of low. (Or it could be very little +GOE)

gioccia

On the Ice
I've never been a fan of Polina's and I'm not gonna be...can she at least once have a clean performance...that's frustrating...

wallylutz

Medalist
Polina is falling all over the place and UR several of her triples in the process...so much for the Russian domination in ladies that many were predicting from 2 years ago...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Polina Shelepen (RUS)

Music: Latin Medley

Black asymmetric dress with lots of neon yellow fringes - not pretty

3Lz+3T - fall, UR
2A
CCoSp
FCSp
3Lo - fall again
StSq
LSp

Not a good GP debut

tulosai

Record Breaker
Poor Shelepin what a splatfest. She and Gracie should both learn the lesson that there is no point in going for a triple triple when the first jump was badly flawed. I know this is something that comes with experience but both would have scored much higher if they had tacked on a nice solid double instead.

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow that wasn't good from Shlepen

3lz 3t fall (probably > or >> or maybe even a downgrade?)
Fall on 3 lo

When will she learn how to skate a clean SP?

wallylutz

Medalist
Perhaps spin levels or underrotation for Caroline? Her TES seems sort of low. (Or it could be very little +GOE)

No UR that I can see but low GOE for sure. Her jumps were landed but not well executed. Speed is an issue but also the overall flow and sureness.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow that wasn't good from Shlepen

3lz 3t fall (probably > or >> or maybe even a downgrade?)
Fall on 3 lo

When will she learn how to skate a clean SP?

Yeah. I like her but I am very used to being disappointed by her at this point.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Poor Shelepin what a splatfest. She and Gracie should both learn the lesson that there is no point in going for a triple triple when the first jump was badly flawed. I know this is something that comes with experience but both would have scored much higher if they had tacked on a nice solid double instead.

Agreed. Can't blame them though -- it's probably instilled in them that they need to go for the big combos.

gold12345

Medalist
Despite Caroline's weaknesses, it's kind of ridiculous to tie her with someone who nearly fell twice in a short program.